Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vitamin d - magnesium question

Does magnesium and vitamin D should be taken together ? I want to improve my vitamin d levels but magnesium taken too early makes me sleepy the whole day.. and if i take vitamin D too late i can;t sleep lol. Is it ok to take vitamin D in the morning and magnesium before bed?

Thanks!

I don't know of any issues with taking them together. I normally do.
    Finally have given up on MDA Forum.
    My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

i take d in the morning and magnesium at night. d at night keeps me from falling asleep.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Hmmm interesting, never knew that about Vitamin D... possibly keeping people awake at night. I guess this means taking multi-vitamins at night wouldn't be the best idea if they contain Vit D?

Comment

i think multi-vitamins are an utter waste. too much of what you don't need and not enough of what you do.

but, yeah, probably.
          As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

The general recommendations i have ever found is mag with foods. Vitd (vitd3 is more readily absorbed and should be what your suppliment is) with a fat...I usually just pop all mine at the same time at brunch of greek yogurt with cinnamon and stevia...works for me.

But if you find you notice such things then take the d3 in the day and the mag with supper.

Comment

No real need to take them together

I take vitamin D in the morning, without food

And I take a little bit of magnesium with every meal that I have

"Alifeungrained" is correct, in that vitamin D is better absorbed with a little fat and protein. Most of the decent D3 supplements Ive seen, typically do have olive oil or some kind of fat already added to the gel cap

Comment

I'm sure our bodys can find out how to use vitamin D (a hormone) and magnesium (a mineral) correctly when available in the body - no matter if they are taken together or apart.

The important thing is to have it in the right balance and avoid overdosing:
                http://www.precisionnutrition.com/stop-vitamin-d
                Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

Working...
                X