Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight loss-is this reasonable?

I have been following the pb since January (including a round of whole 30). I have quite a lot of weight to lose, at least 4st (56lbs).
    So in the last 4 months I have lost 15lbs, roughly 1lb a week. This seems very slow to me! Obviously if it continues then that will be fine, I am finding this lifestyle sustainable long term (and enjoyable!).
    Or should I be looking to tweak my food to speed up weight loss? I don't currently if (not consciously anyway, I skip a meal if not hungry, that just makes sense). I'm pretty active, 20000+ steps a day on average.
    Any advice welcome!

(If relevant, I am a nearly 36yr old woman, have been overweight for many years, 6 years ago I lost weight following slimming world but put it all back on and proceeded to yo-yo)

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Stick with it. You indicate that you are doing well with Primal. If you are feeling progressively better, seeing your clothes loosen up, and enjoying things, you are right on plan, PB says you should expect to lose 1-2 lbs/wk. This program is to me a sustainable rate to lose, it allows your body to progressively adjust pretty easily to the new, smaller you. In my personal experience, if you knock off the weight very rapidly, you will tend to rebound. Patience and persistence are the keys.
    When I started PB, I lost 1 lb/wk on average for a year. I'm a male, started at age 65, and followed the eating strategy pretty closely, did a lot of walking for exercise. I had a few periods of more rapid loss, but also had a couple of plateaus where my weight just didn't change, once for nearly a month. However, I was still feeling good/better, and held on to the plan through the plateaus.
    From reading these blogs for a long time, it seems that women seem to lose a little slower than guys do. I would also caution that as you lose, it will get harder to lose at the same rate, which makes sense, since you are working from a continuously shrinking "base" level. Nevertheless, if you end up losing 40 pounds this year, feel good, look good, and are enjoying things, I'd say that would be a huge win for you. And, lastly, your goal may not be where you end up. I reached my objective after about 16 months in, and found that I felt better being a little heavier, so let myself gain back to the weight where I felt best.
    Finally have given up on MDA Forum.
    My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

Rig D is spot on correct. Stay the course. You're doing fine.

Women tend to lose the weight slower, but also seem to develop a greater sense of well being than do men. It is important not to lose that, so fretting is counter productive. As long as you're moving in the desired direction, you're on the right path.
      Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
      Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

agree. 1-2 pounds per week may seem a snail's pace, but will be more sustainable in the long run.

realize too that as you get closer to goal, what is working now may need tweaking, but worry about that later.

welcome!
        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Thanks everyone! I think I just needed that reassurance, definitely in this for the long term

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Did you see that article about The Biggest Loser contestants long term that made the rounds last week? Talk about incentive to lose weight in a slow, sustainable, metabolically non-disruptive way...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/he...loss.html?_r=0

Comment

Working...
            X