Ad Widget

Collapse

What is this "potato hack" I keep hearing about?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this "potato hack" I keep hearing about?

Can someone elaborate...I thought primal is food God intended (so potatoes are ok?) but at the same time Low Carb? So I'm just really confused.

Thanks in advance

The thread for it is here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread109763.html All the info about it will be in there. I'm sure Tatertot will pop on here and tell you about it better than I could

The premises you eat enough potatoes to feel full, but do not stuff yourself with them. You eat them both cooked and cooled, or just cooked. Eat them as plain as you can but i do believe a little bit of salt and hot sauce is ok. I think the idea is to do it at least 3 days but preferably 4 or 5.

It's supposed to jump start your metabolism I think. It makes sense if you think about it from a point that if someone has gone too low carb for too long and their thyroid needs a kick start; an all potato diet for a few days should do the trick.

Comment

primal is not inherently low-carb but mark does recommend it to lose weight.

not sure what god has to do with it, but potatoes are surely a "natural" food and in the ph they are eaten very plain.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Go visit tatertot's blog at vegetablepharm.blogspot.com for the whole potato story.
        Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
        Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Working...
        X