Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macros

Being a bit lazy I know guys and gals, but could someone just give me a bit of their knowledge on the matter of macro nutrients??

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Theres three of em.

Comment

Ok......go on

Comment

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/prima...#axzz4921qzSKJ
        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Frederic21 View Post
          Being a bit lazy I know guys and gals, but could someone just give me a bit of their knowledge on the matter of macro nutrients??
          I keep thinking you have another question behind your question. I think anyone around here long enough and who has posted enough times themselves to attain "Member" status doesn't have a real question about the roles of the three macros.

I think you need to ask whatever your real question is so we don't have to offer answers for which there are no questions. Although, I am pretty good at that.
          Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
          Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Alright, here's my knowledge on the matter:

Carbs - I eat gobs and gobs. About 75% of my 2000 calorie diet. That's over 300g daily. Mostly from whole foods like oats, rice, beans, lentils, potatoes, other grains, veg, fruits etc. They don't seem to be making me fat like paleo says they're supposed to.

Protein - I aim for at least 1g/kg and prefer plant sources. I limit animal proteins.

Fat - I keep this low. On average, about 10-15% or 20-30g/day. Mainly because higher fat raises my cholesterol. Also, fat in general has little to no vitamins and minerals and I like to eat a nutrient dense diet so I find there's no need to waste calories on empty calories from fat. At about 120 calories each, a banana, potato, grapefruit, half cup of black beans are far more nutritious than a tablespoon of fat/oil.
            *Starting Wt - 151 lbs (January 2015) * Current Wt - 113 lbs (November 2016)
            *95% Plant-Based (from June 2015) ~ *75%Carbs *10-15%Protein *10-15%Fat
            *Exercise ~7-10 hrs/week

Comment

Originally posted by KimLean125byMar15 View Post
              Alright, here's my knowledge on the matter:

Carbs - I eat gobs and gobs. About 75% of my 2000 calorie diet. That's over 300g daily. Mostly from whole foods like oats, rice, beans, lentils, potatoes, other grains, veg, fruits etc. They don't seem to be making me fat like paleo says they're supposed to.

Protein - I aim for at least 1g/kg and prefer plant sources. I limit animal proteins.

Fat - I keep this low. On average, about 10-15% or 20-30g/day. Mainly because higher fat raises my cholesterol. Also, fat in general has little to no vitamins and minerals and I like to eat a nutrient dense diet so I find there's no need to waste calories on empty calories from fat. At about 120 calories each, a banana, potato, grapefruit, half cup of black beans are far more nutritious than a tablespoon of fat/oil.
              Do you go door-to-door with your Bible?

Comment

Originally posted by Artbuc View Post
                Do you go door-to-door with your Bible?
                Stop! Why do you want to trigger another Kim war? Are you bored?

As much as many of us disagree with Kim, she did answer the OP. She is entitled to do that. Whether her good results endure will be answered for her and if they don't continue, then it's her business.

Why don't you share your macro mix as a rebuttal and leave it at that?

Comment

Thank you John. And to Artbuc, no I don't, I'm an atheist.
                  *Starting Wt - 151 lbs (January 2015) * Current Wt - 113 lbs (November 2016)
                  *95% Plant-Based (from June 2015) ~ *75%Carbs *10-15%Protein *10-15%Fat
                  *Exercise ~7-10 hrs/week

Comment

125 g protein from lean poultry, greek yogurt, cheese, canned salmon, canned tuna, sardines and 100% grass fed/finished ground beef (90-92% lean).

100 g carbs from berries or apples (seasonal), oatmeal, white rice, veggies and sweet potatoes.

70 g fat from cheese, 85% chocolate, EVOO, nuts and butter.

Do this except for 3-4 days/month when I chow down on HagenDaz and cookies.

Oops. My carb count is net so my fat intake is overstated by 10-15 g.
                    Last edited by Artbuc; 05-19-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

John there is no other question I just wanted a general bit of information and peoples take on it. I could have googled it perhaps but as I always say Google will give you a thousands answers a knowledgable person will give you the right one. Thanks everyone.

Comment

John there is no other question I just wanted a general bit of information and peoples take on it. I could have googled it perhaps but as I always say Google will give you a thousands answers a knowledgable person will give you the right one. Thanks everyone.

My bad assumption.

I only track net carbs. Right now, they average 100-150 grams per day. I try to eat seasonally so they are higher than usual. Plus, I have a sweet tooth. Off season, carbs are 50-75 grams. I couldn't speculate on fats and protein.

I'm 2+ years into Primal and this works for me.

Comment

what are your goals? are you trying to lose weight? get ripped and lean? get big and swole? resolve medical issues? what other people do kinda is besides the point. there are primal blueprint "start here" stickies to which i already linked.

i haven't tracked my food in a very long time. it's not how i want to spend my time.

plenty of veggies and a potato almost everyday
                          protein mostly fish and eggs. red meat once or twice a week, offal a couple times per month; gelatin daily
                          grass-fed cheese a couple times a week
                          sushi/sashimi once per week
                          apples all winter, now waiting for local berries and eventually stone-fruits to come in
                          i do not eat seed oils or add oil or butter to my drinks
                          i drink wine almost everyday, but only other beverages are tea and water
                          i do not eat wheat since it makes me mucusy

probably loads i am forgetting, lol.

probably eat about 1600-1800 cals a day? am a very small middle-aged female.

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                            what are your goals? are you trying to lose weight? get ripped and lean? get big and swole? resolve medical issues? what other people do kinda is besides the point. there are primal blueprint "start here" stickies to which i already linked.

i haven't tracked my food in a very long time. it's not how i want to spend my time.

plenty of veggies and a potato almost everyday
                            protein mostly fish and eggs. red meat once or twice a week, offal a couple times per month; gelatin daily
                            grass-fed cheese a couple times a week
                            sushi/sashimi once per week
                            apples all winter, now waiting for local berries and eventually stone-fruits to come in
                            i do not eat seed oils or add oil or butter to my drinks
                            i drink wine almost everyday, but only other beverages are tea and water
                            i do not eat wheat since it makes me mucusy

probably loads i am forgetting, lol.

probably eat about 1600-1800 cals a day? am a very small middle-aged female.

I could have written this. Well, except for the small part (5'9")....and the middle aged (56). But other than that....

Comment

Carbs avg 130 to 150 gr/day. Try to stay < 150 gr/day except when I cycle RS
                              Protein avg 140 to 160 gr/day. Animal and milk protiens
                              Fat avg ≈ 150 gr or so /day. That's just where it ends up.

Goals are to maintain body fat % and improve fitness. Been working out very well for me.
                              My Journal.

My Phase 1 Success Story.

My Workout Log.

The Primal Transplant - A story of living with new lungs, a new lifestyle, and swinging kettlebells.

Comment

Working...
                              X