Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Baked Chip Recipe?

have experimented with a few ideas, sweet potatoe, kale etc... looking for something where the chip holds up to being dipped in guacamole or salsa without shattering in a million pieces and is tasty and/or on the healthy side of all the options out there ... any ideas?

Haven't actually tried these yet, but maybe a possibilty: http://eclecticmomsense.com/2015/06/...ato-chips.html

Comment

Plantains are great for dipping. Use the green ones, slice them thin, put parchment on a baking sheet toss the plantains in your preferred fat, add salt and pepper and bake in a 400 degree oven until slightly brown. Keep an eye on them because they go from almost brown to burnt quickly!
      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
        Plantains are great for dipping. Use the green ones, slice them thin, put parchment on a baking sheet toss the plantains in your preferred fat, add salt and pepper and bake in a 400 degree oven until slightly brown. Keep an eye on them because they go from almost brown to burnt quickly!
        The only time I had plantain chips, I wished for guacamole. I was traveling and picked up a bag, fried in palm, at a local Trader Joes. If only I had thought of guacamole but it was too late to go back out.
        Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
        Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Originally posted by liam8888 View Post
          have experimented with a few ideas, sweet potatoe, kale etc... looking for something where the chip holds up to being dipped in guacamole or salsa without shattering in a million pieces and is tasty and/or on the healthy side of all the options out there ... any ideas?
          Not a chip necessarily, but I'll chunk up into squares and roast potatoes (or sweet potatoes) and use them as dipping "chips". The only difference I can find is in the shape. Very good roasted in oils, herbs, or butter.

Comment

nice, can you get green plantains in most grocery stores? don't think i've seen them green before

Comment

Originally posted by liam8888 View Post
              nice, can you get green plantains in most grocery stores? don't think i've seen them green before
              You may have to go to a market that caters to those from Latin America or Asia. At our health food store you can buy plantain chips in a bag, like potato chips. If you have a Whole Foods store near you they probably sell them. You could try that first and see if you like them. They are very sturdy chips so very good for dipping.
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Working...
              X