Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
    I do recall an old article wherein he does talk about damage to the intestinal tract caused by cereal fibre. He referred to a book by Konstantin Monastyrsky, whom he described as a friend, called Fiber Menace:

https://www.amazon.com/Fiber-Menace-...dp/0970679645/

He may very well still hold that view. It's certainly plausible.

Konstantin Monastyrsky is a fraud, and he knows it. He still sells his Fiber menace book, but also sells prebiotic fiber hidden in his GI Recovery supplements (FOS and other fibers)...quite ironic, eh? (https://www.gutsense.org/store/gi-re...tic.html#facts).

Comment

Originally posted by John Caton View Post
      Reading comprehension is not the problem. It seems you don't understand that the issue isn't an issue except for you trying to make it one. I avoid most grains because of antinutrients. To fiber or not to fiber doesn't have any anything to do with the avoidance of grain.
      What *you* avoid and your reasons has absolutely nothing to do with the article. I'm sorry, but it does seem to be a reading comprehension problem. The issue of fiber is *precisely* what that section of the article was about.

Comment

I think Kris Kresser is as "paleo" as I get. I don't buy into the origin story of paleo per se. There's no reason why you should hold my opinion in high regard but I think lots of fiber is a good thing. I tell ya, if I wasn't so fat from years of drinking beer and not exercising, I'd be eating whatever I wanted sans sugar. when I lift weights, I don't gain weight but I don't lose it either. High saturated fat, fish, cut down on omega 6, and whatever carbs I wanted is what I would do. but, my fatness beckons.

Comment

^very poor trolling. Good would have been neck beard is grumpy needs a bagel

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnc View Post
            Somehow, I’m not convinced that a massive daily infusion of insoluble grain fiber is all that essential.
            There is your answer, right in the quote.

Comment

Working...
            X