No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small amount of fat

Hi,

There is only one place I have a little amount of fat and that is on my abdomen : the 6 pack can be seen if the muscle flexed but not very sharp.

I decided to get rid of it. I usually eat bacon, sausage, eggs, vegetables for morning - with bread (I couldn't find anything to replace it).
    The only "sweetie" I ate at the end of the breakfast was one or two slices of bread and butter with a small amount of jam. I stopped eating the bread and jam for 6 weeks but nothing changed : I still have the same amount of fat on my abs.

Do you think I should I stop eating bread altogether?

Thank you.

Yes
    My opinions and some justification

Comment

yes, you should stop eating bread, but you should reduce your fat consumption and up your weight training.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Try different types of fruits only for breakfast you will feel the difference. You will feel lighter and have more energy. It might be hard for you at first because you are used to heavy meal but you will get use to it. Persevere. Don’t give up. After awhile, your body will adjust.

The health benefits of eating fruits for breakfast won’t happen overnight. Don’t expect to suddenly feel strong after two weeks of changing
        your breakfast.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.
          I train a lot with my own weight: running, convict conditioning.

How much fruits should I eat for breakfast? I am 78 kg.

Thanks

Comment

Keep the meat. Ditch the bread. Replace it with fruit if you wish....or not. But yes ditch the bread.

Comment

What is your bodyfat percentage?

I moved to primalforums.com to escape the spam.

Comment

sharperhawk: according to the picture you attached about 9-10%

Comment

Originally posted by starhu View Post
                  sharperhawk: according to the picture you attached about 9-10%
                  Unless you are a competitive bodybuilder or a fitness model or similarly invested, that's not a bad place to be. The ultraripped look seems kinda scary to a lot of people's eyes, and those guys often go to extremes to get there.
                  I moved to primalforums.com to escape the spam.

Comment

Originally posted by sharperhawk View Post
                    Unless you are a competitive bodybuilder or a fitness model or similarly invested, that's not a bad place to be. The ultraripped look seems kinda scary to a lot of people's eyes, and those guys often go to extremes to get there.
                    I am definitely none of these. I am very happy with my body just it bothers me a little that although I cannot pinch even a little bit of fat on my arm, thighs etc. I can on my abs.

I mean why is only at one place and not the other? :-) Especially that may abs are very strong and trained I do Hanging Straight Leg Raises and Vertical Sit Ups quite often.

Anyway I will take your advice and I will try to change the bread to something else and eat more fruits and vegetables.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by starhu View Post
                      ... it bothers me a little that although I cannot pinch even a little bit of fat on my arm, thighs etc. I can on my abs.

I mean why is only at one place and not the other? :-)
                      You are describing my physique as well. I suspect (strongly), based on research I've been doing this summer, that my stubborn fat deposits are primarily polyunsaturated fats (PUFA) accumulated over the years of consuming vegetable oils and grain based products.

PUFA tend to be deposited in abdominal fat cells more so than utilized for fuel. For body fuel purposes, saturated fats are mustered first. PUFA are a poor fuel choice so the majority of what we consume will be stored, or worse, oxidized to become inflammatory before being discarded.

What to do?

One choice is to become very low carb and force the body to release the PUFA into the bloodstream. The problem with that choice is that the PUFA still will not be a preferred energy source and one will likely feel drained of energy. Forget trying to "burn" it off with exercise. Furthermore, any released PUFA will be prone to oxidize and increase inflammation.

A second choice is to find a sweet spot on the carb curve that is high enough to avoid calling out PUFA from the fat cells too rapidly while also avoiding weight gain from excessive carbs. In this fashion, excessive PUFA will stay on the abdomen until the liver safely disposes of it. Depending on the liver to discard the excess PUFA will take a long time and a lot of patience. Expect 4-5 years of gradual reduction.

Obviously, with either of these approaches, success depends on restricting additional PUFA ingestion. It cannot be avoided entirely because most foods contain some, but recognizing the major sources and avoiding them will make the task of reduction easier.

The most obvious PUFA sources are the seed oils themselves. The second most obvious are the grains and their flours. Put the two together, what do you get? BREAD is one thing.

Peace y'all!
                      Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
                      Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Originally posted by John Caton View Post
                        It'd be nice to know how you came to these conclusions. To me, it looks like you are getting more and more confused but that's just me. I don't want to challenge your opinion, I'm just surprised that one can derive such very specific conclusions.

@starhu

The problem with your belly skin fat is that compared to other fat tissue, this one has not much blood flow, and its fat cells are more sensitive to fat storing than fat burning (look up adrenergic receptors in fat cells, e.g. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1309480 or https://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/co...l_1/6.full.pdf - a bit technical though).

If you developed excess adipose tissue in this area during your childhood (or even because of genetic variations), you will be sort of stuck with it and can only try to empty it (it will not really go unless you starve for like 10+ years). I read that adipose cells turnover is about 10% per year. So every year, 10% of your fat cells die and get renewed. That's not that much and makes it hard to remove this stubborn fat.

I think you'd better fill up your belly with muscles if you can (regular resistance training and good protein intake) and do what bodybuilders call a 'cut' for some limited periods of time. Or you can simply live with it and don't care about the lies and muscle / health fantasy sold to you. If you want a good dose of reality, you can always check this 'bro's' website: www.nattyornot.com (there is some sort of "depressive humour" in his articles but I think he has some good points). Note that if you are a man (sorry, I haven't read the start of the thread), I'd still recommend at least 20%-30% of your daily energy intake in the form of dietary fats for testosterone production. If you go lower, don't be surprised that you no longer experience morning wood. I'm not saying that you won't, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post

I think you'd better fill up your belly with muscles if you can
                          Yup...indeed filling up your belly with muscles works. I like ribeye best, but a good slow smoke pork shoulder muscle is a close second!

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
                            It'd be nice to know how you came to these conclusions. To me, it looks like you are getting more and more confused but that's just me. I don't want to challenge your opinion, I'm just surprised that one can derive such very specific conclusions.
                            I was addressing the OP's question about stubborn fat and relaying my experience and "suspicions". You are welcome to have an opposing opinion and I can also say that I believe you're wrong, without condescendingly referring to you personally as being "more and more confused". Prefacing an opposing view, by insulting another, doesn't really increase the relative value of your own.
                            Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
                            Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Originally posted by John Caton View Post
                              I can also say that I believe you're wrong, without condescendingly referring to you personally as being "more and more confused". Prefacing an opposing view, by insulting another, doesn't really increase the relative value of your own.
                              Hey John, that was not an insult, I truly feel that you are confused about the science. It's my genuine opinion, it is not meant to be condescending. You can for sure feel the same about what I am saying and point that out, I won't be offended.

Comment

Working...
                              X