No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coolrain View Post
    Thanks, Elliot.
    I checked out your website. So you think raw dairy is good. Do you eat comte cheese? From the website it appears to me comte cheese is high quality raw cheese. What is your opinion?
    I've eaten plenty of cheese, though I had never heard of comte cheese until you mentioned it. It looks good to me.
    My opinions and some justification

Comment

Gergirl and Elliot, thanks.

Comment

Gergirl and Elliot, thanks.
        Hey coolrain,

2 things:

- sesame seeds are just fine. The anti-PUFA folks here avoid them, that's a choice. Just have some and see how it goes. I regularly eat sesame seeds and it does not make me become rancid But as usual, the dose makes the poison. If you eat a LOT of them because you think you can avoid some deficiency, that's a problem in my book. Eat them for the sake of eating seeds that taste rather nice, never mind the PUFA scare. These seeds have been eaten for like ever, why should we be afraid of them ? Even sesame oil is really nice, a drop in some recipes really enhances the dish.

- Comté cheese: a really great cheese, often made from raw milk. A classic French cheese to be enjoyed at any opportunity

Comment

Thanks, Elliot.
          I checked out your website. So you think raw dairy is good. Do you eat comte cheese? From the website it appears to me comte cheese is high quality raw cheese. What is your opinion?
          You could discuss about the pros and cons of cheese...
          anyway, Comté is really one of the best

Comment

Thanks for endorsement of comte.

Comment

Elliot, It seems somewhere you said if a person is allergic to raw dairy, it is probably because he has a leaky gut problem. Fix that problem and he may eat raw dairy again. If you did say that, may I ask the reasoning behind that?

Comment

Originally posted by Elliot View Post
                I don't get my info from looking up authorities and taking their opinion as fact. I go to the actual evidence, the highest level of which is controlled experiments in humans. Here are some examples:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23386268

http://www.bmj.com/content/353/bmj.i...apid-responses

Trusting authorities like doctors is a good way to hear the conventional wisdom of the day, which may or may not be correct. The most meaningful thing you can read is the evidence itself.
                Thanks for the BMJ link - fascinating.

Comment

Elliot, It seems somewhere you said if a person is allergic to raw dairy, it is probably because he has a leaky gut problem. Fix that problem and he may eat raw dairy again. If you did say that, may I ask the reasoning behind that?
                  I think you're referring to this quote from my website:
                  Some individuals have difficulty digesting lactose but this may be caused by a damaged gut, rather than genes. Avoiding wheat can help the gut heal and restore lactose tolerance
                  I say this just because I've encountered some evidence to support it. For example, the following study basically tells you what you need to know right in the title:
                  Regression of lactose malabsorption in coeliac patients after receiving a gluten-free diet.

Though note that my comment was about lactose intolerance, rather than an allergy to raw dairy. Anecdotally, I've heard people say that they handle raw dairy better than pasteurized dairy, so the comment may apply more to pasteurized than raw.
                  My opinions and some justification

Comment

Thanks, Elliot. This piece of info. is very important to me.

Comment

Benefits of seesame seed

Sesame seeds add a nutty taste and a delicate, almost invisible, crunch to many Asian dishes. They are also the main ingredients in tahini (sesame seed paste) and the wonderful Middle Eastern sweet call halvah. They are available throughout the year.

Comment

Working...
                      X