Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meat stock/broth VS whole meat

Im just starting stage 1 of the gaps diet and at its foundation is the consumption of meat stock/broth (not bone stock/broth) which is supposed to heal the gut and nourish the body. I was reading about its supposed importance, but was wondering why drinking the water in which the meat/bones/ligaments etc. is boiled in is better than actually eating it? Obviously I cant eat the bones, but I can eat the meat and ligaments (and chew on the bones). Is there something about boiling it that extracts the nutrients making it easier to digest and absorb?

Originally posted by donnie86 View Post
    Im just starting stage 1 of the gaps diet and at its foundation is the consumption of meat stock/broth (not bone stock/broth) which is supposed to heal the gut and nourish the body. I was reading about its supposed importance, but was wondering why drinking the water in which the meat/bones/ligaments etc. is boiled in is better than actually eating it? Obviously I cant eat the bones, but I can eat the meat and ligaments (and chew on the bones). Is there something about boiling it that extracts the nutrients making it easier to digest and absorb?
    Welcome to the wonderful worlds of science and logic.

Bingo. Don't believe everything you read. Especially when they throw out phrases like "heal the gut" and "nourish the body." To read some posters here and elsewhere on the intertubes, you'd think 95% of everyone has a gut in total bacterial dysfunction. Most of us are just fine, no healing needed.

Comment

Working...
    X