Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premature ovarian failure.

So after many years of dealing with infertility I finally have a diagnosis. Anyone else also been diagnosed with premature ovarian failure or know anything about it? I just started taking Fertil Aid a supplement to regulate hormones, but would also like to restart the paleo diet in order to reduce inflammation. I will pretty much try anything in order to get pregnant.

My question is this. I can get rid of dairy, grains and legumes. Do you think I should also do an autoimmune protocol and get rid of eggs and nuts and peppers? Should I stop eating all fruit? DO you think I should do VLC or 100 grams of carbs per day? I am so confused. I am in desperate need of your help.

Thank you for reading this.

I don't know anything about premature ovarian failure, but if I were trying to get pregnant (or if I were pregnant), I would start following Chris Kresser with a passion. He's done some really good work on fertility and healthy pregnancy.

My guess is that radically reducing your carbs is not the best path right now, and also that it would be great to find a way to eat that doesn't have you stressing over food. A simple high-quality paleo/primal diet (find a way to fit in organ meats) will take you a long way toward health and reduced inflammation. From watching a lot of people experiment with their diets, I would also say that eliminating everything at once (no grains! no legumes! no fruit! no dairy! no eggs! no nuts! no nightshades!) is overwhelming and stressful, and stress isn't great for fertility. Unless you're having extreme reactions to certain foods, take a deep breath and start (or re-start?) with Primal or a Whole30 and then go from there.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by LinaR View Post
      I don't know anything about premature ovarian failure, but if I were trying to get pregnant (or if I were pregnant), I would start following Chris Kresser with a passion. He's done some really good work on fertility and healthy pregnancy.

My guess is that radically reducing your carbs is not the best path right now, and also that it would be great to find a way to eat that doesn't have you stressing over food. A simple high-quality paleo/primal diet (find a way to fit in organ meats) will take you a long way toward health and reduced inflammation. From watching a lot of people experiment with their diets, I would also say that eliminating everything at once (no grains! no legumes! no fruit! no dairy! no eggs! no nuts! no nightshades!) is overwhelming and stressful, and stress isn't great for fertility. Unless you're having extreme reactions to certain foods, take a deep breath and start (or re-start?) with Primal or a Whole30 and then go from there.

Good luck to you!

Thank you I needed to hear that. I am at a loss right now so any words of advise are much appreciated!!! I'lll start with 100 grams of good quality carbs and work my way to a Whole 30. I know I am in desperate need of that right now. Thankyou again for your help!

Comment

Working...
      X