Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookware Materials

What are the best/safest materials to use for cooking? For pans, we got a stainless steel set from Costco. And I have my cast iron. We're having trouble finding baking sheets that aren't aluminum. Would cooking in these routinely be suboptimal? The only other safe thing I can find to bake in is glass Pyrex.

You might consider a silicone cooking mat that would fit inside your baking sheet to prevent food from contacting the aluminum. Not very expensive and easy to clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck_S View Post
      You might consider a silicone cooking mat that would fit inside your baking sheet to prevent food from contacting the aluminum. Not very expensive and easy to clean.
      I'm not familiar with silicone. Is it safe to cook with?

Comment

I cover my aluminum sheet pans with parchment.
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by Artiepoo View Post
          I'm not familiar with silicone. Is it safe to cook with?
          Silicone is very safe, but parchment is also a good alternative.

Comment

+1 on the parchment paper - we use it a lot. We buy the sheets, we found some sized right to cover the pans we use when we bake in the toaster oven.
            Just me, but I don't use silicone stuff, I seem to recall some issues with it, but can't remember what it was.
            You should be good to go with the stainless, cast iron, and Pyrex, all good choices.
            Finally have given up on MDA Forum.
            My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

I use parchment a lot, mostly because I'm lazy. It makes cleaning up insanely easy.
              Durp.

Comment

The main negative that I can recall with silicone was that silicone breast implants tended to migrate or burst, thereby causing all sorts of joint ailments and more surgery. Not the same thing as silicone baking tools, but even my silicone muffin tins carried a caution over heating past 450*F. Not so much a problem when using them to create bacon-wrapped hamburg dishes at 350F. ;-)

Comment

I love my rock crock. It easily transitions from stove top to oven.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                  X