Ad Widget

Collapse

Coffee with coconut oil - how much is too much?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee with coconut oil - how much is too much?

Hi there. Every morning i like to make or buy a large full cream latte and i put in it 1 scoop of natural vanilla whey and anywhere from 3 to 5 tablespoons of coconut oil. Physically this doesn't feel like too much but am just wondering if anyone can see anything wrong with that? Its like my own bullet proof coffee.

That is a lot of calories. Good if you are trying to gain weight (muscle). Not so good if you are trying to loss fat.

Comment

Originally posted by miata View Post
      That is a lot of calories. Good if you are trying to gain weight (muscle). Not so good if you are trying to loss fat.
      I am trying to gain muscle
      Im a 22yo male. I just enjoy this drink for the fact is quick and convenient, calorie dense, fills me up, and is healthy

Comment

what's healthy about it? i am not fat-phobic, but you could eat a shit-ton of eggs and potatoes or whatever for that amount of cals and get much more diverse nutrient profile. you need protein to build muscle, not fat.
        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

For a lot of us coffee is a early morning luxury that helps us get into the day's groove. There are lots of calories so I've started avoiding the extra fat except on post-workout mornings where having excess calories helps muscle growth.

Comment

Personally i'd leave the protein till post workout but that's just me.

Comment

Working...
            X