Ad Widget

Collapse

Coffee with coconut oil - how much is too much?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockstock
    started a topic Coffee with coconut oil - how much is too much?

Coffee with coconut oil - how much is too much?

Hi there. Every morning i like to make or buy a large full cream latte and i put in it 1 scoop of natural vanilla whey and anywhere from 3 to 5 tablespoons of coconut oil. Physically this doesn't feel like too much but am just wondering if anyone can see anything wrong with that? Its like my own bullet proof coffee.

• DunK
    replied
    Personally i'd leave the protein till post workout but that's just me.

Leave a comment:

• miata
    replied
    For a lot of us coffee is a early morning luxury that helps us get into the day's groove. There are lots of calories so I've started avoiding the extra fat except on post-workout mornings where having excess calories helps muscle growth.

Leave a comment:

• noodletoy
    replied
    what's healthy about it? i am not fat-phobic, but you could eat a shit-ton of eggs and potatoes or whatever for that amount of cals and get much more diverse nutrient profile. you need protein to build muscle, not fat.

Leave a comment:

• Lockstock
    replied
    Originally posted by miata View Post
    That is a lot of calories. Good if you are trying to gain weight (muscle). Not so good if you are trying to loss fat.
    I am trying to gain muscle
    Im a 22yo male. I just enjoy this drink for the fact is quick and convenient, calorie dense, fills me up, and is healthy

Leave a comment:

• miata
    replied
    That is a lot of calories. Good if you are trying to gain weight (muscle). Not so good if you are trying to loss fat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X