Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medium Chain Triglycerides..

Hey, I bought a liquid Vitamin D3 supplement and noticed on the nutrition info it says it has medium chain triglycerides (along with lemon/orange essential oils). I've read Mark make a few posts about MCT being good for you, but from food like meats and full fat dairy. I'm wondering what MCT is in a liquid form, where it comes from, if its safe to use?

Coconuts I believe. MCT oil however if people consume too much it's known to cause diarrhea. I suspect taking the D3 supplement won't cause that reaction because to consume too much MCT oil would mean consume in portions of Tbsp's.

Comment

Originally posted by BazB44 View Post
      Hey, I bought a liquid Vitamin D3 supplement and noticed on the nutrition info it says it has medium chain triglycerides (along with lemon/orange essential oils). I've read Mark make a few posts about MCT being good for you, but from food like meats and full fat dairy. I'm wondering what MCT is in a liquid form, where it comes from, if its safe to use?
      It's just a carrier for the D3. The amount of oil in a D3 capsule is negligible. Like 4 drops?

While coconut oil is high in MCT's, the MCT oil you buy in a jar is manufactured, not purified CO.

Comment

MCT supplements are made via a chemical process. The key raw materials are coconut oil and palm kernel oil. These triglycerides are reacted with water or methanol to make fatty acids or fatty acid methyl esters. Once in this form, the different carbon chains can be separated by distillation.

The C8 / C10 cut is then esterified with glycerine to make the crude MCT. This is then processed as any other vegetable oil (de-acidification, filtration, bleaching, deodorization).
        https://instagram.com/dinnerwithek/

Comment

Originally posted by ekba09 View Post
          MCT supplements are made via a chemical process. The key raw materials are coconut oil and palm kernel oil. These triglycerides are reacted with water or methanol to make fatty acids or fatty acid methyl esters. Once in this form, the different carbon chains can be separated by distillation.

The C8 / C10 cut is then esterified with glycerine to make the crude MCT. This is then processed as any other vegetable oil (de-acidification, filtration, bleaching, deodorization).
          Thanks for that. I had read a decent source once that appeared to state it was synthetic. As in, synthetic motor oil.

Comment

Working...
          X