Ad Widget

Collapse

What's the best food with which to break a 36 hour fast?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even a brief fast can significantly increase the urge to eat everything in sight--esp carbs. Mild foods low carb food in smaller portions is the key, but it can be a challenge. I find fasting easy, it's the return to eating that tests me.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

fruit juice I think

Comment

Always break mine with a thick steak. Preferably a ribeye....about 24oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
          Always break mine with a thick steak. Preferably a ribeye....about 24oz.
          Very good choice. A fast captures junk proteins to reconstitute or excrete. Introducing fresh protein after a fast gives the body a bunch of new amino acids to rebuild enzymes and structure.
          Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
          Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Originally posted by John Caton View Post
            Very good choice. A fast captures junk proteins to reconstitute or excrete. Introducing fresh protein after a fast gives the body a bunch of new amino acids to rebuild enzymes and structure.
            Thats how I always see it, and really 36 hours isn't so long. You won't have a great amount of downregulation to the requisite enzymes to process some good meat in that time frame. Not the same as coming off of going vegan for a year or something silly like that!

Comment

Originally posted by foodjames View Post
              fruit juice I think
              Hey bud, is bumping old threads like a hobby?

All of your posts were made in one day, and they're all (except 1) bumping threads several years old. This some kind of new thing?

Anyway, listen to Neckhammer, he is wise.

Comment

Working...
              X