Ad Widget

Collapse

Please help I have a severe protein deficiency.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help I have a severe protein deficiency.

Due to onset OCD germophobia that I'm on meds for and seeing counselors and psychiatrists I've become protein deficient.

Its very hard to even go to the store right now and leave with anything, especially food. I've developed a fear of handling raw meat and hasn't had meat in months. I was living on eggs, nuts, pork rinds, and avocados for awhile but now eggs are extremely hard for me to get because of all the complications that come with my problem. Now I'm just eating a bunch of almond butter and nuts and avocados a day. I do protein powder a few days but that shits expensive to use as much as I need. I do cheese and yogurt when I can get out of the store with them and I have a fear of opening canned fish and getting liquid from the can on me then washing those clothes with other clothes and it all being contaminated with fish smell.

I'm a mess.

I like this stuff

https://thrivemarket.com/great-lakes...en-hydrolysate
    https://www.instagram.com/paleofam321/

Comment

Protein powder is like 1$ per serving. Its darn near the least expensive protein source there is......

Comment

I don't really think there is such a thing as "protein deficient" as long as you are eating enough calories from different whole foods. Even vegans get by because vegetables and stuff like nuts, beans and potatoes have protein.

Cheese and youghurt is enough!
        Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

Have you had medical confirmation that you're deficient in protein? If so, then all the sources to which you've alluded should help -IF you still have your protein-digesting flora in place and IF you can overcome your OCD tendencies. Have you looked into EFT techniques as a way of reducing your fears? You can check online for details.

Comment

Eat beans and lentils. Good source of protein, very nutritious and also quite cheap.
            *Starting Wt - 151 lbs (January 2015) * Current Wt - 113 lbs (November 2016)
            *95% Plant-Based (from June 2015) ~ *75%Carbs *10-15%Protein *10-15%Fat
            *Exercise ~7-10 hrs/week

Comment

How many total calories are you eating, and what are your weight and height?

If you are undereating, you may need to forget about paleo and just eat whatever you can in quantities that will sustain you. Piling one set of restrictions on another isn't likely to be good for you.
              I moved to primalforums.com to escape the spam.

Comment

If you can eat pork rinds, can you handle beef jerky? What about salmon and tuna in those sealed foil bags? Those don't have any liquid and you can eat them right out of the bag.

If you can't get things out of the store because you're afraid, are there any friends willing to buy things for you, open lids and put things in dishes for you?
                5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Working...
                X