Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Choices Documentary

Who has seen this documentary? It is all about adopting a plant-based diet, seriously reducing or eliminating animal based food.....would like to hear some comments about it, they make a strong case for plant-based......they don't call it veganism or vegetarianism, but plant-based.
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 58, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 180
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

Food Choices Documentary

I haven't watched it yet, but in case anyone else wants to here's the link.
    "Don't sweat the small stuff and relax about the whole process"

Comment

Can't imagine that many people here will approve of it though, this being MDA with an emphasis on animal food. But we'll see.

Comment

FOK Jr.???

I read a summary. Nah I won't take time to watch, as it seems the same documentary repackaged. So the same counter arguments and yada yada yada

Comment

Hi Guys, I love healthy food and enjoying the organic way of food. If you ever are shopping online for organic produce or bulk food, you need to check out this website. http://www.healthfoodshoppingonline.com.au/

Comment

Try this instead

The Perfect Human Diet
            Directed by C.J. Hunt. With C.J. Hunt, Leslie Aiello, Susan Loraine Anderson, Loren Cordain. Journalist C.J.Hunt's global quest for a solution to the obesity epidemic and diet-related disease. It explores modern dietary science, previous historical findings, ancestral native diets and the emerging field of human dietary evolution.

Comment

I'm not looking for approval, as I don't agree with some of it, but I do agree with some of it, haha, just interested to hear some discussion.....for instance, they claim the need for protein is way over-hyped, saturated fat IS bad, even from grass-fed beef, and polyunsaturated fat is not so bad......definitely some anti-Primal stuff in there

M, 58, 6'0
              SW - 192
              CW - 180
              GW - 165-170

Comment

Originally posted by Barnyard View Post
                I'm not looking for approval, as I don't agree with some of it, but I do agree with some of it, haha, just interested to hear some discussion.....for instance, they claim the need for protein is way over-hyped, saturated fat IS bad, even from grass-fed beef, and polyunsaturated fat is not so bad......definitely some anti-Primal stuff in there
                Yah, those where the same things in the forks over knives documentary....here's my quick assessment.

1. No wild humans traditional society has ever been vegan. Anytime we try to manipulate an animals natural diet they end up diseased with greatly reduced lifespan (lots of zoo studies to back this). Ergo....don't jack with the natural human diet by artificially eliminating a vital source of our nutrition (meat).

2. Protein requirements depend on stage of development, but in general we find it to be approximately 15% by caloric breakdown. When we limit that to 10% caloric intake rises substantially to compensate and we see weight gain and metabolic disease. Greater than 15% intake and up to 30% boosts metabolism and induces higher satiety aiding weight loss or healthy weight maintenance and shows a marked improvement in muscle mass development.

3. Saturated fat is stable and vital. PUFA is unstable and required to be in proper ratios. Plenty of recent research vindicating saturated fat.

I imagine that just like FOK they excel at cherry picking in this documentary and if we didn't already have the whole database of contrary studies at our fingertips it might be compelling. But we do so.....I'm gonna have eggs, bacon, and cantaloupe for breakfast now

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post

Yah, those where the same things in the forks over knives documentary....here's my quick assessment.

1. No wild humans traditional society has ever been vegan. Anytime we try to manipulate an animals natural diet they end up diseased with greatly reduced lifespan (lots of zoo studies to back this). Ergo....don't jack with the natural human diet by artificially eliminating a vital source of our nutrition (meat).

2. Protein requirements depend on stage of development, but in general we find it to be approximately 15% by caloric breakdown. When we limit that to 10% caloric intake rises substantially to compensate and we see weight gain and metabolic disease. Greater than 15% intake and up to 30% boosts metabolism and induces higher satiety aiding weight loss or healthy weight maintenance and shows a marked improvement in muscle mass development.

3. Saturated fat is stable and vital. PUFA is unstable and required to be in proper ratios. Plenty of recent research vindicating saturated fat.

I imagine that just like FOK they excel at cherry picking in this documentary and if we didn't already have the whole database of contrary studies at our fingertips it might be compelling. But we do so.....I'm gonna have eggs, bacon, and cantaloupe for breakfast now
                  Thank you for stating that so much better than I ever could. Breakfast sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by lovebird View Post

Thank you for stating that so much better than I ever could. Breakfast sounds good.

Comment

Just bought me some fresh barnyard eggs, I'm gonna eat 'em!

M, 58, 6'0
                      SW - 192
                      CW - 180
                      GW - 165-170

Comment

The word "vegan" got a bad rap, so they changed it to "plant-based." Utter BS. ALL of our diets are plant-based, if you go back far enough. Vegan is better described as "plants-only."
                        5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Working...
                        X