No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone knows it's Windy

Hi all,
    In an effort to improve my digestive system I have recently endeavored to add more vegetables to my pretty strict paleo food intake and have started taking probiotics a few times a week after not bothering with them for a while. For the last two days I have been producing a veritable symphony in the woodwind section (if you see what I mean).
    Can anybody advise me? Should I persevere with the kale and probiotics? I really don't need any more bloating in my life.

I've found cooked veges less problematic than raw.
    There are many alternatives to kale, why not try some other veges.
    With the probiotics, maybe start with a much smaller dose and build up gradually as your system adjusts.
    Good luck.
    My first journal - http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/for...mal-highlights

Comment

If I were an author, I'd write about Killer Kale. For all its supposed nutritional benefits, raw kale did a number on my already sensitized gut, and I almost ended up in hospital with diverticulitis. I no longer eat any quantity of kale, cooked or raw. I find I can handle cooked veggies, as Annieh pointed out, easier. Probiotics should not cause bloating - non-digestion of various foods causes bloating. Back off and try again, less quantitatively. Paleo is not just meat and fat, but encompasses a wide, if seasonal, variety of fruits and vegetables, along with enough good water. This gas, too, shall pass. ;-)

Comment

Working...
      X