Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilleh
    started a topic Gelatin dosage for leaky gut?

Gelatin dosage for leaky gut?

Hello.
    I am wondering - is there a recommended gelatin dosage for leaky gut?
    I have yet to found any.

Thanks

• Lhotse
    replied
    I make a new batch almost weekly with grassfed beef bones, organic chicken bones and feet, I've even made some out of a pig head. Boil in a crock pot with some carrots, celery, garlic for 2 days and it will make thick gelatin (when cooled) bone broth. Then I turn it into a turmeric soup adding veggies and sometimes an egg in the morning which poaches the egg perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• OnTheBayou
    replied
    It's a food. There is no "dose." No dose for carrots or eggs, either. And if you don't eat carrots, eggs, or gelatin/bone broth, you aren't going to die.

I think of gelatin/bone broth as "More is better."

Leave a comment:

• lovebird
    replied
    I like gelatin. Easy to add and the benefits are pretty much endless. ☼

Leave a comment:

• lovebird
    replied
    Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
    I don't believe I've seen a universal standard dose, but diets like SCD and GAPS (diets specific to eliminating leaky gut) utilize bone broth liberally in cooking. I would estimate around 4 tablespoons a day, and more certainly won't hurt.
    "6. Collagen Powder
    The secret behind the power of bone brothis collagen, the main supportive proteins that gives bone, cartilage and tendons their strength. Once cooked it becomes “gelatin.” Supplementing with collagen or gelatin is important because it can help boost your gastric juices and aid is restoring the integrity and health of your mucosal lining.

Collagen also contains the amino acids proline and glycine which are essential building blocks to repairing damaged intestinal lining. Drink 8-16oz of bone broth daily or take 2 tbsp of collagen protein 2x daily."

https://draxe.com/leaky-gut-supplements/

Good catch! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Neckhammer
    replied
    I don't believe I've seen a universal standard dose, but diets like SCD and GAPS (diets specific to eliminating leaky gut) utilize bone broth liberally in cooking. I would estimate around 4 tablespoons a day, and more certainly won't hurt.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X