No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfast and NEW AGAIN!

Hi guys!

I am actually excited to be back here. I tried Primal a few years ago. I did enjoy it but I fell away from it.

Now years later...I've gained 30 lbs from Prozac (tried coming off it and cannot safely do so at this time). My husband was also just diagnosed with plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. He has tried Paleo before and enjoyed it.

After reading about the benefits for weight and inflammatory diseases, we are now starting Primal together. Yay!

I am starting with my breakfast of full-fat Greek yogurt, a cup of berries, and drizzle of honey. When I get bored of that I'll do boiled eggs with sliced tomato and avocado, drizzled with olive oil and topped with salt and pepper.

What's a third FAST breakfast I could do? Are there any Primal approved breads out there?

Forget bread, eat meat!

Comment

My wife makes about 48 deviled eggs a week and we eat lots of em. Instead of mayo we do a mustard or hot sauces based sort. I'd have to ask her on recipe......but the answer is still eggs and meat! Boiled are fine, but deviled rocks!

welcome back!
      Last edited by Neckhammer; 03-01-2017, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
        My wife makes about 48 deviled eggs a week and we eat lots of em. Instead of mayo we do a mustard or hot sauces based sort. I'd have to ask her on recipe......but the answer is still eggs and meat! Boiled are fine, but deviled rocks!

welcome back!
        Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post

welcome back!
        That's pretty funny! Trying to keep up with that guy that ate 24-30 a day? Why not mayo? I've been using Kraft Olive Oil Mayo for years. No, OO is not the only oil, they use some canola and soy. I consume probably no more than 6 TBL's a week, so I'm not concerned. The does makes the poison!

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheBayou View Post

That's pretty funny! Trying to keep up with that guy that ate 24-30 a day? Why not mayo? I've been using Kraft Olive Oil Mayo for years. No, OO is not the only oil, they use some canola and soy. I consume probably no more than 6 TBL's a week, so I'm not concerned. The does makes the poison!
          Haha....Since its spread through the week I'd say I eat about 3 eggs a day on average. Deviled are halves and all so 30 of them go a long way . Then I use a couple raw every few days as part of my "vinaigrette" for my salads.

As to mayo....yah, most of em are rather concentrated with the nasty stuff. Depends on where you wanna spend your 20% IMO. For me it ain't on shitty mayo. My wife use to make homemade, but now she has started buying one from costco that is made of avacodo oil...I think its this:

"Chosen Foods - Avocado Oil Mayo - 12 oz. (355 ml)

Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo is not too tangy, not too salty and tastes just like your favorite. Make the switch and experience delicious mayonnaise flavor without harmful oils, stabilizers and preservatives! Try Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo in potato salads, sandwiches, deviled eggs, sauces and more!
          • Canola & Soy Free
          • Cage-Free Organic Eggs
          • Touch of Organic Honey"

Basically the exact same as the one Mark makes, but at a much better price since we buy the huge jar at costco.

Since I posted my original response I asked her what is in her deviled eggs and she does now add this Mayo. She didn't in the past. If you can find the avacado mayo at a decent price I highly recommend it! Very tasty. Then you can spend that 20% on sushi or ice cream

Oh...BTW I have had Marks Primal mayo and it is delicious as well! Just have found a better priced option without sacrificing quality.

Comment

Cloud bread - eggs, cream cheese and not much else.
            My first journal - http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/for...mal-highlights

Comment

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
              Originally posted by Annieh View Post
              And how dp you make it? Sounds interesting ...!

Comment

Originally posted by breadsauce View Post

And how dp you make it? Sounds interesting ...!
                http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/39451...ecipes_Photo_2

My first journal - http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/for...mal-highlights

Comment

Most breakfasts are fast if you make them the night before. Cook a pound of ground beef and cut up 5 apples. That's 5 breakfasts.

I suppose there's always bulletproof coffee... *runs away*
                  5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Make a protein shake with either Primal Fuel or other protein powder you like- and fruit, tablespoon of nut butter, milk of choice, ice..blend it up and GO!
                    I have also made one the night before and kept it in the refrigerator when I don't want to run the blender in the morning. You can also omit the protein powders and use milk, an egg, fruit, nut butter. Shakes/smoothies are a fast healthy breakfast to put into rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeRN View Post
                      Make a protein shake with either Primal Fuel or other protein powder you like- and fruit, tablespoon of nut butter, milk of choice, ice..blend it up and GO!
                      I have also made one the night before and kept it in the refrigerator when I don't want to run the blender in the morning. You can also omit the protein powders and use milk, an egg, fruit, nut butter. Shakes/smoothies are a fast healthy breakfast to put into rotation.
                      Originally posted by RenegadeRN View Post
                      Still awaiting the discovery of Grok's blender.................... Shakes pre-masticate your food and it hits the stomach like a calorie bomb. When I've played with them, mostly with whey, I find they offer no satiety. Quickly hungry again.

Comment

Yes, and if a big part of your food enjoyment is chewing, your jaw muscles will complain no matter how stuffed your stomach. Chewing itself releases certain enzymes that play their part in satisfying "hunger."

Comment

Not sure if this is fast enough...put a half inch of water in a saucepan, when it boils put eggs inside with tongs, cover, reduce heat to medium hot, steam for 6 1/2 minutes, remove from heat and run cold water inside pan to halt cooking. Results: perfect soft-boiled eggs with firm whites and runny yolks. Yum!

Breakfast "soup": bone broth + leftover veggies/meat + salt/turmeric/pepper/potassium chloride + shiritaki noodles heated in microwave or on stovetop

"Cereal"
                          Make a dry mix of the following (not a rigid formula just suggestions):
                          cocoa powder
                          shredded coconut
                          prebiotic fibers such as acacia/psyllium/glucomamman/inulin
                          cinnamon
                          chia seeds
                          raw sunflower seeds
                          collagen hydrolysate (another protein like powdered egg white should work)
                          cacao nibs
                          salt/potassium chloride
                          instant coffee (I use decaf)
                          stevia or preferred sweetener

Place ingredients in container with lid and shake to mix. When ready to eat, put three or more heaping spoonfuls in a bowl and add water, yogurt, cream, or whatever liquid you prefer. Add MCT oil if desired. Let sit for a few minutes (or prep the night before) to allow dry ingredients to absorb the liquid. Chia seeds and/or psyllium soak up liquid and help it to bind together. I also add coconut flakes, just because. You can warm it up but I never bother.
                          Last edited by Energy!; 03-23-2017, 05:52 AM.
                          Late 50s, post-menopausal, low carb with some dairy, following the 5 Leptin Rules, taking ThyroGold, eating lots o' fiber and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                          X