No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pancreas...

My dear PRIMAL friends.

What do you think about the crazy idea,of eating carbs every second day or twice a week? Why? Hehe,im thinking about how the little wonder machine called pancreas always works and does not get some rest. So,if we go without carbs here and there,then there is only little work for it,and blood sugar is also low...Am im making sense,huh and do you know what I mean?? Yes I know. I complicate and aks lots of specific questions,but I think im in the right place for such questions,as you all you know a lot and are willing to help. Rather ask here then on the coffe with my friends,who dont know shit.hihi

thanx my friends!

Anyone?? Cant belive,that there are no answers...

Comment

You can eat carbs whenever you want but I don't see a benefit to eating them every second day or twice a week.
      My opinions and some justification

Comment

Where did you get the idea that the pancreas needs rest? It sounds like woo to me.
        I moved to primalforums.com to escape the spam.

Comment

I'm just thinking from the pancreas stand of view . If everyday intake of carbs makes it work hard, then maybe if you have complex or starchy carbs here and there, the relase of insulin is going to be minimal as far as sugar is also low...

Comment

Well, just thinking...exploring....when all we read is how, because of the western diet, our pancreas is all the time working which leads to insulin resistence, then maybe is there also something like, that if we limit the carbs the pancrease will only release minimum of insulin....
            Just a theory...

Comment

Perhaps the lungs also need rest? They might like a day off now and then.

Comment

Cyclical ketogenic dieting has plenty of benefits, however it's not so much about resting an internal organ.

https://authoritynutrition.com/10-be...togenic-diets/
                Last edited by Neckhammer; 03-07-2017, 11:34 AM.

Comment

My thoughts as well. Your body has designed rest periods built-in. That's what deep alpha sleep periods do, what a 1/4 second heart pause, even breathing and so on accomplish. What you are referring to are chronic surge of insulin production caused by a high carb intake with every meal. Now that's what we CAN rest our pancreas from with our food choices, and paleo, with its emphasis on whole unprocessed and virtually grain-free regimens, accomplishes. Not that paleo alone can fix an already damaged pancreas all by itself, but it's the best shot we've got for our n=1.
                  Besides, neither do we want to suffer from episodes of low blood sugar ; they trigger all sorts of nasty brain and heart complications.

Comment

Tnx guys. I realy appreciate it. Especially PAYSAN and NECKHAMMER! You nailde it. And that why i decided to get active here. Been PALEO/LCHF now for quite a few years,yet im still exploring and getting into every little detail I can think of.
                    And all the info i get here. Wooho!!

Comment

Originally posted by MBrando
                      when all we read is how, because of the western diet, our pancreas is all the time working which leads to insulin resistence
                      I don't believe this at all. This idea that "insulin production itself causes diabetes" is an old idea that is directly disprovable. The Western Diet seems to cause diabetes, but it's definitely not because it requires insulin production. If a high-carb diet causes diabetes, then we would see high rates of diabetes in nearly every culture, and it would go back farther than a few decades.

Comment

Hey Elliot, have you checked the diabetes rates of high carb diet countries lately? Frankly, once the childhood killer diseases start to relent, and warfare or accidents no longer claim the middle generation, then you'll see diabetes rates soar as people formerly doomed to die young ,approach middle age. Nevertheless, there's much more to the "diiabesity" phenomenon than carbs alone. There are different kinds of carbs. That alone can change all sorts of important parameters.

Comment

Originally posted by Paysan
                          Hey Elliot, have you checked the diabetes rates of high carb diet countries lately? Frankly, once the childhood killer diseases start to relent, and warfare or accidents no longer claim the middle generation, then you'll see diabetes rates soar as people formerly doomed to die young ,approach middle age. Nevertheless, there's much more to the "diiabesity" phenomenon than carbs alone. There are different kinds of carbs. That alone can change all sorts of important parameters.
                          What you're describing is more a trend of countries adopting "Western" diets than those specifically eating high-carb diets. In fact, the places around the world with the highest longevity rates generally eat high-carb diets. One such place is even in the US, and it's a vegetarian group. That being said, this is all insignificant observational evidence. I made the point about world societies because it's an easy one to make and most people are at least minimally familiar with the evidence. But the real evidence is experimental, it's fairly extensive, and gives no real suggestion that carbs inherently cause diabetes.

For example, here's a study which basically tells you everything you need to know in its title:

No glucotoxicity after 53 hours of 6.0 mmol/l hyperglycaemia in normal man.
                          https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1936660

Or here is another one with an informative title:

Improved glucose tolerance with high carbohydrate feeding in mild diabetes.
                          https://www.cabdirect.org/cabdirect/...ct/19711408152

Meanwhile, the cause of type 2 diabetes was basically worked out. It's called the Randle Cycle.

Comment

Or completely switch gears, eat sweet potatoes for pancreas: https://www.mtlblog.com/20-healthy-f...heyre-good-for

Interesting link about body parts that look like food and some theorize help said body parts.

Comment

Originally posted by WestCoastFire View Post
                              Or completely switch gears, eat sweet potatoes for pancreas: https://www.mtlblog.com/20-healthy-f...heyre-good-for

Interesting link about body parts that look like food and some theorize help said body parts.
                              Cat videos are funnier, and there is no chance that anyone will mistake cat videos for serious medical advice.
                              I moved to primalforums.com to escape the spam.

Comment

Working...
                              X