Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tnx guys for all the info. Is nice to know,that I can always count on some help. Makes a lot of things better

So, if we sum it up, we could say that if we watch the quantity of complex carbs and don't overfeed our pancreas and blood sugar will be just fine as,there are not going to be any roller coaster surges?

Comment

No, a normal healthy functioning body should have no trouble processing carbs. My diet is 70-75% carbs and typically over 300g for nearly 2 yrs now. I mostly eat complex carbs like oats, potatoes, brown rice, whole wheat, popcorn, beans, lentils, fruits etc. but I also use sugar daily and eat sweets weekly. My last fasting blood sugar was 80mg/dl (normal is 65-99) and A1c was 5.2% (normal is 4.8-5.6%, pre-diabetic is 5.7-6.5% and diabetic is over 6.5%)

So my pancreas is working perfectly and I have good insulin sensitivity. In fact my A1c was higher when I was eating more fat and less carbs.
      *Starting Wt - 151 lbs (January 2015) * Current Wt - 113 lbs (November 2016)
      *95% Plant-Based (from June 2015) ~ *75%Carbs *10-15%Protein *10-15%Fat
      *Exercise ~7-10 hrs/week

Comment

Originally posted by MBrando View Post
        So, if we sum it up, we could say that if we watch the quantity of complex carbs and don't overfeed our pancreas and blood sugar will be just fine as,there are not going to be any roller coaster surges?
        That's an "interesting" summary of Elliot's posts.
        I moved to primalforums.com to escape the spam.

Comment

Tnx guys for all the info. Is nice to know,that I can always count on some help. Makes a lot of things better

Lots of ways to look at it really. Just depends on which aspect of health and function you want to focus on. I might suggest you read up on ketosis. In doing so you will likely gain a better understanding of energy partitioning as well as various metabolic effects associated with different states.

Comment

What if carbohydrates are not bad and you can eat as many as you want?
            My opinions and some justification

Comment

Originally posted by Elliot View Post
              KimLean will love you..............

Comment

"Carbohydrates" is such a broad range of substances. Some of them are empty calories, some of them slide through you with little impact whatsoever, some of them are wrapped in nutritious and filling packages. Indeed many "carbohydrates" are not "bad for you"!

Comment

KimLean125byMar15; i'm glad that it works so well for you, but just as a point of interest. You ain't PRIMAL or PALEO, right anymore?

Neckhammer tnx for the advice about keto. I know what it is all about, yet it is not for me. I like the PALEO philosophy and the way it goes, much much better + for someone like me (with history of anorexia) keto is not an option, as i need to watch that i gain weight and not loose it .

JBean;that's what im thinking. A combi of good carbs,fats,proteins makes a damn good health bomb,and does not have a huge impact upon my pancreas. Let's say sweet potato, veggies with lot's of good fats, a little pi

Comment

KimLean125byMar15; i'm glad that it works so well for you, but just as a point of interest. You ain't PRIMAL or PALEO, right anymore?...
                    Sure I am. Some call it "plant paleo". Kinda like what this guy does: http://www.humansarenotbroken.com/about/plant-paleo/.

I did the traditional paleo/primal for some years before realizing that it was causing me some harm and had to modify the heck out of it.
                    *Starting Wt - 151 lbs (January 2015) * Current Wt - 113 lbs (November 2016)
                    *95% Plant-Based (from June 2015) ~ *75%Carbs *10-15%Protein *10-15%Fat
                    *Exercise ~7-10 hrs/week

Comment

MBrando, yes, it's pretty much the foundation for The Perfect Health Diet. Extremely well thought out by using lots of - gasp! - science.

http://perfecthealthdiet.com/

Comment

Tnx to you both guys. A well explained diets, and a nice ride. Something new, that i can research and use to my advantage!

Really love this forum and all that it brings with it!

Comment

P.S: Ow yes, i heard about PERFECT HEALTH DIET!! Now i remember . I remember the apple thingy and how the food groups go. Yap,like it...especially as it is pretty close to pure PALEO. Im doing a PALEO/PRIMAL diet....i experimented and found just the balance. And isn't that what it is all about?!?!

Comment

For yourself, it may be a good balance.

Comment

It looks like science says you're partially right, though they recommend fasting, not carb avoidance:

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-39070183

Comment

Elliot, true. But it depends on the quality of the carbs and the amont. I'll go with primal carbs,and gain some more weight, yet Im interested in the biology of pancreas when faced with all those starchy foods or fruits... Fruits with the glucose and fructose? Is it a problem for the body? If I think of it, as a fact that fruits have been around from the start,and the body is adapted to them...

What do you all think? How does eating complex carbs (paleo carbs) every day affect our body.

Comment

Working...
                                X