Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can going primal give you allergies?

Growing up I was lactose intolerant until I was about 21, then never had another issue with dairy. Suddenly these past 5 months, anytime I consume dairy or nuts I start to get a runny nose and sneeze. I rarely ever got sick, but the past 5 months I began having sinus issues, followed by a 48 hour flu, and lately Ive had nasal congestion and stuffed ears (I did consume some dairy and nuts recently). I have been as primal as I can the past year and a half, so Im wondering if this is normal? Or is just a bad winter for sicknesses and allergies?

Children don't grow out of allergies, as commonly believed. They submerge them in day-to-day living, then, years later, the allergies strike back with a vengeance. All it takes is a trigger - the flu, Epstein-Barre virus, a car accident that knocks you down for a time, an emotional blow like death of a loved one, and so on. Is primal to blame for your recent outbreaks? Possibly, if you have unwittingly substituted other allergens for your previous ones. Or added them in quantities that go beyond your body's capabilities to handle them. IE, just because you can handle 2 eggs a couple times a week does not mean that you can tolerate 3-4 dozen eggs per week. I'd get tested before making too many diet changes. Primal might be your savior..

Comment

Lactose intolerance is not an allergy. You don't produce significant quantities of lactase to digest lactose. Some gut bacteria can digest lactose, and lifestyle changes can change gut bacteria populations.
      I moved to primalforums.com to escape the spam.

Comment

I am allergic to all components of cow milk, as well as being lactose intolerant. Sensitivities because of deficient absorbability and allergies go together like love and marriage.

Comment

emotional blow? Wow I had no clue bad anxiety could cause issues like this. For someone who never gets sick, this winter has been horrible for me....but I have had a pretty bad emotional winter too. I tried goats milk, but didnt seem too much better.

Comment

It's pretty amazing ( dismaying) about the far reaching effects stress can have on bodies. Anxiety is stress. Your best course of action besides a therapy adjunct is to stay the primal course w/o overdoing any single food. Best wishes for rooting out your stress.

Comment

Working...
            X