Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnTheBayou View Post
    JBean, can't speak to your specific reaction to D, but your experience doesn't negate the great advantages of supplementing it. IIRC, and it's been awhile, when D levels were measured in tropical, outdoors a lot people, mostly but not all Negro, they test out at 50-70. So, that's probably an evolutionary optimal point. Exactly the range my blood tests at.There is only one known critical Vit D toxicity event, and it was due to the pharmacy company failing to dilute liquid D for injection for final product. Oops, say the lawyers. The man was hospitalized but survived fine.

I trust that eating real, nutrient dense foods will take care of my A. There's only so fine one can tweak this type of stuff, and that's not even getting into individual differences, placebo effects, or listening to Dr. Phil.
    There is a huge difference in getting vitamin D from the sun and supplementing it with the manmade version:
    https://www.mommypotamus.com/why-vit...lace-sunshine/
    Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

Its like West Coast has pointed out many times.... vitamins D, K2, and A are synergistic. If you supplement one just be sure to actively get the others as well, either via supplementation or eating nutrient dense foods that contain them. I've seen patients with fibro, chronic fatigue, and even one who thought they had rheumatoid arthritis reverse their symptoms completely just by getting their vitamin D up to snuff (via supplementation). I've monitored dxa scans of previously diagnosed osteopenia and seen an improvement in T-scores on those we set up with a K2 regimen that includes vitamin D and A. These are powerful results with no side effects to speak of vs what you might see had they proceeded to take the recommended fosamax...blah.

Comment

Originally posted by ToldUzo View Post

There is a huge difference in getting vitamin D from the sun and supplementing it with the manmade version:
        https://www.mommypotamus.com/why-vit...lace-sunshine/
        So, supps ain't perfect, so therefore, don't take? Wow, cut your nose to spite your face! Per your link, “My personal belief is that vitamin D supplements are useless,” Dr. Seneff. USELESS???? Many doctors believed cigarettes were fine, for years. Dr. Seneff has belief with a lot of theory to support it.

How about in the real world? That especially when combined with adequate amounts of K2 and A, your body practically goes, "Ka ching!" with increased vasculatory and bone health results?

"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."

Comment

So, supps ain't perfect, so therefore, don't take? Wow, cut your nose to spite your face! Per your link, “My personal belief is that vitamin D supplements are useless,” Dr. Seneff. USELESS???? Many doctors believed cigarettes were fine, for years. Dr. Seneff has belief with a lot of theory to support it.

How about in the real world? That especially when combined with adequate amounts of K2 and A, your body practically goes, "Ka ching!" with increased vasculatory and bone health results?

"Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
          Or at least the supplement sellers go ka ching.

Comment

Originally posted by JBean View Post

Or at least the supplement sellers go ka ching.
            Your cynicism is misplaced. Your perspective could hold true for many, many things we buy as consumers. And it's not like D or K supps are expensive, high profit. Well under $10/mo for my high dosage stuff. For the "Ka Ching" of demonstrably better health outcomes, it's a no brainer.

YMMV.

Comment

Your cynicism is misplaced. Your perspective could hold true for many, many things we buy as consumers. And it's not like D or K supps are expensive, high profit. Well under $10/mo for my high dosage stuff. For the "Ka Ching" of demonstrably better health outcomes, it's a no brainer.

YMMV.
              The supplement industry is worth about $20B annualy in the US. That's more of a KA-CHING!!!

https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...earch-Inc.html

Comment

Originally posted by JBean View Post

The supplement industry is worth about $20B annualy in the US. That's more of a KA-CHING!!!

https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...earch-Inc.html
                And that alone makes it evil?

I think not.

Comment

And I do my part, as I am mostly indoors in our northern climate (did you ever note why Viking settlements in Canada died out? Best theory is the women died in childbirth due to bone malformations caused by nutritional deficiencies.) Nor do I live close to oceans; and fish is very expensive for the better kinds wild caught.I was not brought up in a natto-eating culture; so supplements are the cheapest form of insurance I can use. You betcha I believe in them - but not every supplement maker is above board. Do your due diligence. Don't let prices be your only guide.

Comment

Working...
                  X