Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBrando
    started a topic WHEY powder and insulin.

WHEY powder and insulin.

How are you PRIMAL people on this topic? We all know,how damn quick the blood sugar rises,when we take this supplement, but as a part of a balanced dietm does it hase a effect on health? Pancreas working as hell, to lower the GI...
    But what about if we balanced it out. Thinking bout whey protein + coconut milk from the can?

Any thoughts about this one?

• MBrando
    replied
    Neckhammer; what about a whey shake just after the IF? Around 2pm? Taking it on an empty stomach. What do you think

OnTheBayou: that's what im confused about. I know it is an isolat, but still it is whey protein.

Good writting about INSULIN as a killer and saver. Huh....why oh why But how do you take care of blood sugar and the affect it has on pancreas and insulin?

Leave a comment:

• Paysan
    replied
    When I made cheese many centuries ago , The cheese was made from milk solids (from which powdered milk arises), and the yellowish liquid left over was called whey. The mineral and vitamin contents of milk and whey differ markedly. Maybe someone has renamed something behind our backs???

Leave a comment:

• OnTheBayou
    replied

Originally posted by MBrando View Post
    Yea,same here with schocked about Marks articel about whey. Im doing a deep in research on this topic now,cause im still gonna use whey. But i dont use it on a daily basis. Sometimes more sometimes less.
    but as far as Mark goes,he does use Primal whey which has also casein,so here we are. Here and there,top.

about IF. Im doing it regulary. But whey comes in my case as a quick snack,or for the protwin boost. Nothing more or less,hehe
    I think you're overthinking this. Use it don't use it, not sure if would objectively matter much to most people.

Primal whey has casein in it? Whey certainly isn't paleo, but if it has casein in it, regardless of what it is called, it shouldn't marketed as whey. It's called powdered milk.

Leave a comment:

• MBrando
    replied
    Yea,same here with schocked about Marks articel about whey. Im doing a deep in research on this topic now,cause im still gonna use whey. But i dont use it on a daily basis. Sometimes more sometimes less.
    but as far as Mark goes,he does use Primal whey which has also casein,so here we are. Here and there,top.

about IF. Im doing it regulary. But whey comes in my case as a quick snack,or for the protwin boost. Nothing more or less,hehe

Leave a comment:

• OnTheBayou
    replied

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Yup, dunno why i said blood sugar doesn't rise either. Guess I was focused on the title and insulin and just started typing to get to that point.
    WHAT? You made a mistake? First of the new millennium no doubt.

Always respect a man or woman that admits error.

Leave a comment:

• Neckhammer
    replied
    Yup, dunno why i said blood sugar doesn't rise either. Guess I was focused on the title and insulin and just started typing to get to that point.

Leave a comment:

• OnTheBayou
    replied

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Blood sugar doesn't rise from taking whey powder.

insulin, sure. Simple answer if you want a generally lower insulin diet is to utilize it within a feeding window with intermittent fasting and place that window right after a workout.
    Don't know why you would say that, NH. Protein digestion raises blood sugar. We all know that. typically not as high as a carb load, but it hangs around longer, though.

Insulin is a fact of life. It kills us while it saves us. A two edged sword, for sure. I guess you could minimize insulin by eating the minimal amount of lean protein like fowl breast w/o skin, seafood, and whey to meet your protein needs, but you will still have some insulin production.

Leave a comment:

• Neckhammer
    replied
    Originally posted by MBrando View Post
    Neckhammer: so you're basically saying, that as long as it is a part of a diet, and after a workout or physical work or if it is balanced out with other foods it is just fine?
    Kind of. What I'm saying is that if your overall goal is to reduce insulin load (a worthy goal for health mind you), then a good way to do so would be to employ intermittent fasting. Train in a fasted state (fasting improves insulin sensitivity) and eat your most carb and protein heavy meal after training. After an acute bout of exercise we find that cells are more insulin sensitive (require less insulin to take up substrate), moreover there are parallel insulin pathways activated which also reduces overall insulin load.

https://www.omicsonline.org/changes-...56.S10-002.pdf

Leave a comment:

• MBrando
    replied
    Neckhammer: so you're basically saying, that as long as it is a part of a diet, and after a workout or physical work or if it is balanced out with other foods it is just fine?

Leave a comment:

• OnTheBayou
    replied
    Mark did a post awhile back focusing soley on whey. I recall being surprised about some apparent health benefits beyond being a provider of amino acids. Do a site search.

Leave a comment:

• Neckhammer
    replied
    Blood sugar doesn't rise from taking whey powder.

insulin, sure. Simple answer if you want a generally lower insulin diet is to utilize it within a feeding window with intermittent fasting and place that window right after a workout.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X