Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody was talking about 60 days. I probably wouldn't go longer than 15. I've also gone months eating low fat sub-1,000 calories and know what it feels like to feel constantly tired, weak, and cold.

I guess if you're incredibly risk-averse, then don't fast. I don't want to live my life not maximizing my potential.

Comment

I have been very happy with the experience of intermittent fasting. Daily I fast 12+ hours simply by not eating breakfast until more than 12 hours after yesterday's last food, often it ends up being around 14 hours. And around once a week I've been fasting for about 36 hours, essentially just skipping a day so the fast lasts 2 nights and the day in between. The mental clarity and high physical energy really are there. I highly recommend the book by Dr. Jason Fung and Jimmy Moore "The Complete Guide to Fasting." I'd read Dr. Seyfreid's book but its about $100 on Amazon.

Comment

All right, maybe it's just easier (and more beneficial) for men than for women to go on extended fasts (more than 24 hours)..?
        Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

Originally posted by ToldUzo View Post
          All right, maybe it's just easier (and more beneficial) for men than for women to go on extended fasts (more than 24 hours)..?
          24 hours is not an "extended" fast, but yes what you said is also true.

Comment

Working...
          X