No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Weight Should I Lose?

Hey everyone! First post:-)
    So I have been eating primal for about 2 months. When I started I weighed 180lbs. I am down to 163lbs after 8 weeks. I feel awesome! I am moving better, working out better etc. My question is how much weight should I lose? Im a 5" 6" 37 year old man. Even at my heaviest I have never been called fat. But my body was definitely in bad shape. I feel like I could drop another 10 lbs with ease. Everyone at my gym is telling me to be careful and Im not sure why?
    I track all my numbers. Im consuming about 1800 calories per day. 65% Fat, 15% Carbs and 20% Protein.

Losing about 2lbs per week.

Will my body naturally plateau? Most days I consume only about 60 grams of carbs and everyone I train with is shocked. I don't even feel like I'm dieting. Just eating better. So do I just continue and listen to my body? Will I naturally plateau? Any insight would be great!

CMT

There's no magic bullet answer. We are each different, and the right weight is not an easy thing to determine. I would continue with what you are doing, let your weight normalize at whatever level makes you feel best. If you lose another 10 lbs and feel great, that's cool. In my case, I lost from 270 to 200 in a year, then gained back 10 because I felt better at the heavier weight. I would recommend eating when you are hungry, eat to satisfaction, but not stuffed. Your weight should plateau out wherever is best for you.
    Finally have given up on MDA Forum.
    My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

So once I get to were I feel Im best then alter the diet? Maybe go up to 100 carbs?

Comment

Welcome! Two pounds a week is about high end average w/o going into extreme exercise. My first foray into paleo/Primal was 8 years ago. Over the years I've regained sometimes, lost again, a number of times. I no longer sweat the carbs, I eat 100-150 gm/day of white rice, corn, beans, lentils, white and sweet potatoes, and the occasional spelt bread. My diet is so much more varied and more fun. I'm still losing weight rather nicely.

You are the best judge of ideal weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rig D View Post
          There's no magic bullet answer. We are each different, and the right weight is not an easy thing to determine. I would continue with what you are doing, let your weight normalize at whatever level makes you feel best. If you lose another 10 lbs and feel great, that's cool. In my case, I lost from 270 to 200 in a year, then gained back 10 because I felt better at the heavier weight. I would recommend eating when you are hungry, eat to satisfaction, but not stuffed. Your weight should plateau out wherever is best for you.
          +1

For me...I'm 5'9". I like to lift heavy and do minimal cardio (walking or hiking is ok). Like 8 or 9 years ago (upon finding paleo) Ate the same ratio as OP without calorie counts and got from 180 to150 in 6 months or so. Then a couple years later decided I wanted to be bigger (pack some muscle mass on). So I added more carbs and bulked to 175. Held that for a year Then decided I wanted to lean out a bit so cut carbs and down to 160. Stayed there a couple years. Right now 165 is good. I find my body composition very pliable and change it when I feel like it. I will probably throw some extra fasts in here this month to drop back to 160. Opening the pool next month so gonna start the summer with some rippedness...lol

Bit of a disclaimer....after wrestling for 16 years I'm quite good at manipulating body comp even before finding paleo. paleo definitely makes it much easier though!
          Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-12-2017, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CmT View Post
            So once I get to were I feel Im best then alter the diet? Maybe go up to 100 carbs?
            You'll just have to experiment with your own N=1. You can add the carbs back in gradually to see how it affects your weight. If you stay in the 100-150 range I'd guess you will hold steady.
            Finally have given up on MDA Forum.
            My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

Careful because in some cases its easy come easy go situation. The way i see it 2 pounds per week is fast

Comment

Originally posted by survivalist View Post
                Careful because in some cases its easy come easy go situation. The way i see it 2 pounds per week is fast
                Not at all. I've done it numerous times.

Comment

You should be able to run from a predator, pull yourself up into a tree, and squat easily.

As to the 2 lbs/wk "rule." There is some research that indicates that people who see a large loss, especially in the beginning are more motivated to continue a weight loss regime. If you tell someone who needs to lose 100 pounds that 2 lbs/wk is the only healthy way to go, they may just give up, thinking they'll take a year to reach goal. When I had over 100 lbs to lose, I lost 21 lbs the first month. You can bet that it gave me the incentive to continue on. It still took a little over a year to reach the goal weight, but I liked the way I looked faster. And I felt better faster.

IOW, it may have taken me 15 months to reach a size zero, but I got to single digit sizes pretty quickly.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I am pregnant now . I weigh over my BMI rate. How much should I lose ?

Comment

Dieting for weight loss during pregnancy is ill-advised. The paleo and low carb diets are not necessarily excluded as long as the nutrient and calorie levels are high enough to produce a healthy infant. Just try to avoid undue weight gain. That means the 60-75 lb gain that some women report. 25 pounds is what some OBY-GYN's used to recommend., but it all depends on your starting weight, if diabetic or insulin resistant, and personal circumstances. Seek professional medical advice. Sorry, but we aren't doctors, and compromising an infant's entire life with bad advice from us for the sake of losing a few pounds is terrible.

Comment

Take 4 Packets 7200rs Per month 5 Kg weight loss Product 2 slimcell.

To promote long-term weight maintenance, the use of approved weight loss medication (over no pharmacological therapy) is suggested to ameliorate comorbidities and amplify adherence to behavior changes, which may improve physical functioning and allow for greater physical activity in individuals with a BMI of 30 kg/m 2 or higher or in individuals with a BME of 27 kg/m 2 and at least one associated comorbid medical condition (eg, hypertension, dyslipidemia, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and obstructive sleep apnea).

For more visit
                        .................................................. ............
                        Beware From Cheap & Duplicate Do not purchase cheap cost product it may be duplicated or near about expiry both are dangerous;Contact Us - 9093139777

Comment

Originally posted by Paysan View Post
                          Dieting for weight loss during pregnancy is ill-advised. The paleo and low carb diets are not necessarily excluded as long as the nutrient and calorie levels are high enough to produce a healthy infant. Just try to avoid undue weight gain. That means the 60-75 lb gain that some women report. 25 pounds is what some OBY-GYN's used to recommend., but it all depends on your starting weight, if diabetic or insulin resistant, and personal circumstances. Seek professional medical advice. Sorry, but we aren't doctors, and compromising an infant's entire life with bad advice from us for the sake of losing a few pounds is terrible.
                          Second and third this one! Perfect advice.

Comment

How To Lose Weight Fast

Are you interested in losing weight? If you are, are you in a hurry to do so? While it is advised that you do not rely heavily on fast weight loss, also commonly referred to as rapid weight loss, there are many individuals who do. If you are interested in losing weight, as quickly as possible, you will want to continue reading on.

http://www.maestrialife.com/2017/03/...ight-fast.html

Comment

Working...
                            X