Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo Solution to Allergic Reaction

I got my knees tattooed this weekend and am having a mild allergic reaction (red spots around knees, hands, elbows, and earlobes). This hasn't happened in the past, but it's pretty mild so I'm not worried. Does anyone know of any remedies that don't involve Benadryl? Thanks!

Yes, don't get tattoos.

More seriously, what's wrong with Benadryl? There such an anti-pharmaceuitical undercurrent here on MDA it borders on superstition or a religious goal. It's not only not a sin to use these gifts, it's often the smart thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheBayou View Post
      Yes, don't get tattoos.

More seriously, what's wrong with Benadryl? There such an anti-pharmaceuitical undercurrent here on MDA it borders on superstition or a religious goal. It's not only not a sin to use these gifts, it's often the smart thing to do.
      Yes, don't get tattoos.

Definitely won't stop getting tattoos.
      I avoid pharmaceuticals unless it's essential, which a mild allergic reaction certainly isn't. You have no idea what they're doing outside of the desired.

Comment

Originally posted by Artiepoo View Post

Definitely won't stop getting tattoos.
        I avoid pharmaceuticals unless it's essential, which a mild allergic reaction certainly isn't. You have no idea what they're doing outside of the desired.
        Each to their own. I, to start with, can't imagine desecrating my body with tattoos. And what, exactly does something like Benadryl do "outside of the desired (presume you meant to say something like effects here.) Especially for a few days? I look on pharmaceuticals, generally, as gifts, but be well informed. Aspirin and Metformin are pharmaceuticals, but both came from plant sources. I'd rather take a few aspirin than grow my own willow bark.

Comment

Mild allergic reactions can shift to totally scary life-threatening reactions w/o warning. It's your immune system warning you not to do that again, whatever "that" may be.

Comment

Each to their own. I, to start with, can't imagine desecrating my body with tattoos. And what, exactly does something like Benadryl do "outside of the desired (presume you meant to say something like effects here.) Especially for a few days? I look on pharmaceuticals, generally, as gifts, but be well informed. Aspirin and Metformin are pharmaceuticals, but both came from plant sources. I'd rather take a few aspirin than grow my own willow bark.

Desecrate the body? lol what a crusty old man

Comment

Originally posted by Artiepoo View Post

Desecrate the body? lol what a crusty old man
              Yes, and it's kept me from never having allergic reactions to tattoos!

Comment

Working...
              X