Ad Widget

Collapse

Dietary starch, joint pain, and the No Starch Diet (NSD)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can think of two possibilities. First, starch can feed gut bugs in the small intestine more readily than sugar, protein, or fat. If some harmful species has established itself in high numbers, it or its waste products may be crossing the gut barrier. Second, starchy foods often have proteins (such as the gliadin in wheat) which can cause problems if they cross the gut barrier intact. The large proteins trigger an immune response, and sometimes the antibodies produced mistakenly target a part of your own body as well as the ingested protein -- i.e., an autoimmune reaction.
    I moved to primalforums.com to escape the spam.

Comment

Originally posted by kelbel View Post

How do you know its the sugar and not the' package' you're eating it in? I ask because chai spices and rasgulla are both very high in starch (though white chocolate isn't). Are your sugary foods also starchy foods?
      Originally posted by kelbel View Post

How do you know its the sugar and not the' package' you're eating it in? I ask because chai spices and rasgulla are both very high in starch (though white chocolate isn't). Are your sugary foods also starchy foods?
      My sugary foods I would hope are not starchy or carby otherwise.
      My chai has - almost no indian spices in it in fact its got traces of spices mainly cardamom, ginger, cloves and cinnamonand its made with heavy whipping cream not milk.
      I may have eaten rasagolla one iteration, chai in the next and pecan pie in the third and gummy bears in a 4th and white chocolate etc etc - you get the picture. Its sugar and its delivery vehicles. I am not sure its anything specific. It is carbs in general and likely sugar.
      BTW Potato hack was not as bad as I feared it could be. The 3 days of high carbs that followed were also not too bad. I don't know what that means. I have to analyze it further. However I am almost out of the inflammation now, cos I have been super low carb for about 1.5 days. So I do know its some carb variant related and likely that isn't in potatoes.

BTW there is a weird pins and needles feeling from a rib being off that my chiropractor has been adjusting for a few months now, and that seems to not care if carbs are 0 or if I am fasting or if I am ~1000 carbs. Its still feeling the same. Not a pain though. So I guess good.

Thanks.
      Srinath.

Comment

Working...
      X