Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest book from Michelle Tam

Just got my hands on a new cookbook from Michelle. It is lavishly illustrated - very helpful for dunces like me who fell way behind in the kitchen gadget line. I haven't made any of her recipes in the new book, since I still use her old book and have almost ceased cooking until my ankle heals a bit more. But both books can be read and enjoyed as entertainment. I especially love her Asian slant on cooking, and love what spices and coconut milk can do for chicken thighs in an InstaPot. Yummy!

Thanks for the review! i just previewed some pages.... I like that she has sections for make ahead meals; that will help me a lot. Can't wait to get it!
    Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Yeah, I was looking at that one. I have her original book. I agree- I like her recipes as well. So, it's worth buying then? I have a bit of a cookbook addiction and am trying to curb my desire to buy every one I think I will like.

What I really like about her books are the use of real, paleo, ingredients and meals. I find a lot of primal/paleo cookbooks are full of recipes making knock-off versions of sugary stuff that would normally be SAD. I mean, really, just because you replace white sugar with coconut sugar does NOT make it paleo!

Moved on over to www.primalforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario View Post
        Yeah, I was looking at that one. I have her original book. I agree- I like her recipes as well. So, it's worth buying then? I have a bit of a cookbook addiction and am trying to curb my desire to buy every one I think I will like.

What I really like about her books are the use of real, paleo, ingredients and meals. I find a lot of primal/paleo cookbooks are full of recipes making knock-off versions of sugary stuff that would normally be SAD. I mean, really, just because you replace white sugar with coconut sugar does NOT make it paleo!
        That + 90% of the recipes usually contain eggs... I have a son who is allergic (IgE-type allergy) to eggs, and actually paleo/keto has pushed me into an egg intolerance because I ate SO many eggs every day. Ideally we sould be cycling through different nutrients - and adding eggs to all meals just isn't very paleo IMO (when do birds lay eggs? Eat a lot there, and then move on to other things, I what I am thinking). It is the same in the keto world where everything is laden with cheese and butter (hint - there are other fats than butterfat - even if it tastes really good).

Comment

I love Nom Nom Paleo for at least 2 recipes - her deviled eggs (sorry, Ontario) and her Magic Mushroom powder. I sprinkle it on porkchops and steaks, and it's the main seasoning in my knockoff chicken thighs in coconut milk, which I just made for lunch (and supper, and tomorrow.)
          Last edited by Paysan; 08-15-2017, 01:44 PM. Reason: Stupid M key not working

Comment

Working...
          X