Revert back to the old forum please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revert back to the old forum please.

It was much better designed, better looking, and all the functions worked. Just revert all changes back to how it was before please.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
    There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
    There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
    I love not man the less, but Nature more...
    ~Lord Byron

That seems the perfect solution!

Comment

I don't know a whole lot about web design, etc., just enough to know that it's not so simple. It's a package.

I have lived through several forum "improvements" since 2009 and in my not so humble opinion, each one was less appealing and useful.

But here I am..................

Comment

I kind of like the current look and feel of the forum. My main objection to the forum changes is and has been the lack of quality assurance in ensuring the forum product works as it should prior to plopping out there for general use. The utter fiasco of the September "upgrade" was just ridiculous. And the lack of management attention to end-user gripes. I continue to hope that both of these issues are being addressed and being improved. Not optimistic, though, because the track record is so strong in the other direction.
        The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rig D View Post
          I kind of like the current look and feel of the forum. My main objection to the forum changes is and has been the lack of quality assurance in ensuring the forum product works as it should prior to plopping out there for general use. The utter fiasco of the September "upgrade" was just ridiculous. And the lack of management attention to end-user gripes. I continue to hope that both of these issues are being addressed and being improved. Not optimistic, though, because the track record is so strong in the other direction.
          Going to have to respectfully disagree about the look and feel of the forum. When I first made this account the forum was a sprawling community, and the forum itself was one of the sleekest, best looking most well designed forums out there. When I came back it was this ugly broken thing.
          ~Lord Byron

Comment

Not really disagreeing, the look is personal preference. I totally agree about the functionality and size of the community. MDA has done its level best to destroy the community while maintaining that it is important to "being Primal." They came close to really killing all interest, it seems to be recovering a little bit now, hopefully will eventually recoup the lost ground.
            The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

It is what it is, Mark made his decisions based on what designers pitched. So, we can kvetch and live with it, or leave.

I did just that after the web redesign ca. 2011. But here I am.

Have y'all been over to his blog post of yesterday? He actually popped in to make comments of how he and the bees are working diligently on cleaning things up! And it appears that the priest has been excommunicated, so kudos for them. Hopefully, people will start returning. Griff, John, a lonely nation turns its eyes to you ....... (Simon and Garfunkel, Mrs. Robinson.)

Comment

Well some of the moderation tools seem to be working again, so that's a plus. Maybe I'll get used to the design, but right now I think it's blocky and cumbersome.
                ~Lord Byron

Comment

they need t offer an opt in or opt out of old or new! I like the old!

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheBayou View Post
                    I don't know a whole lot about web design, etc., just enough to know that it's not so simple. It's a package.

I have lived through several forum "improvements" since 2009 and in my not so humble opinion, each one was less appealing and useful.

there must be a function issue on their end which makes them always looking to tweak , OUR end! this happens on so many sites, If tit ain't broke , don't fixit! there is something in running a site ,I guess which is a PITA tha we do nothing about!

Comment

tcseacliff: Many agree, but you are almost exactly one year too late with your comment.

Comment

Working...
                      X