Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody hates a fat person more than an ex-fatty; it's a kind of reverse discrimination. I agree with Neck that he has accomplished more than many, and yet needs to be strict with his regimen.

Comment

Originally posted by Paysan View Post
      Nobody hates a fat person more than an ex-fatty; it's a kind of reverse discrimination. I agree with Neck that he has accomplished more than many, and yet needs to be strict with his regimen.
      I can't stand people like Moore and Oprah who are always preaching and telling us what to do but they don't practice what they preach. I mean really, Oprah telling me what and how to eat to maintain a healthy weight? Sheesh. Reminds me of priests and TV envangelists who constantly preach to us about morals and invariably are caught with prostitutes and children.

Comment

Originally posted by Paysan View Post
        How true! Guilty as charged! But there is a moral justification, I think. It is that us ex-fatties took control of our lives and did something about it, why don't you? I got to 280 pounds after a lifetime of being skinny or just right, so I did something about it. Finding this site and buying the Primal Blueprint was how I did it. Now, I'm not perfect................I've regained a lot of that weight but took it off again.......several times.

I'm sure the fatties look at me now and think, "He's so lucky to be slim." No, Fatty, it's not luck. It's work and will power.

Yesterday I was at an art event at a small restaurant that specializes in empenadas, quiche, and pies of all types. The only people eating pie were the two fattest women there. And I mean FAT! Absolutely no shame, I guess. It was tempting to buy a slice, but I don't need or want the 400-500 calories therein.

It's not just the visual esthetic that is so unappealing, it is knowing that the person doesn't respect him or herself enough to not be that way. Weigh?

Comment

OP, so glad to see you are doing food recording. It has been proven over and over that people seriously "misunderestimate" (thank you, GW) their food intake.

The best way I have found to stave off hunger is lots of protein. Most days I eat 150-190 grams, I weigh just over 200 pounds with "some" still to go. It's hard to get that with even lean meats or fish, so I almost always have a whey/peanut flour/no fat Greek yogurt shake.

I also find, rather inexplicably, that when I burn 600-700 calories cycling, my net calories for the day does not go up to compensate fully. In fact, many days I eat no differently. But the exercise, for me, is the tipping point for me for weight loss.

Oh, I eat 100-150 grams of carbs a day, often starchy. Sure, the weight comes off faster with fewer carbs, but they aren't a make it or break it deal. As KimLean will surely tell you.

Comment

As I see it, Jimmy Moore's consistent refrain is that calories don't matter. Such an idea is not only untrue, but also harmful to those whose appetites are bigger than average and are not sufficiently blunted by a low carb diet. It's one thing to say that calories are not the whole story, but encouraging the obese to eat large amounts of food (mostly fat, very little protein) in the pursuit of ketosis is beyond reckless and stupid.
            I moved to primalforums.com to escape the spam.

Comment

Originally posted by sharperhawk View Post
              As I see it, Jimmy Moore's consistent refrain is that calories don't matter. Such an idea is not only untrue, but also harmful to those whose appetites are bigger than average and are not sufficiently blunted by a low carb diet. It's one thing to say that calories are not the whole story, but encouraging the obese to eat large amounts of food (mostly fat, very little protein) in the pursuit of ketosis is beyond reckless and stupid.
              Obviously calories do not matter to Jimmy. As I already posted, I hate fat people pontificating about how to lose weight.

Comment

There was that 1 liner I read somewhere - LCHF, and if you're HF already, just be LC. That I'm sure applies to him. Someone got to tell him, he can eat fat and it wont kick him out of ketosis, but your body will obviously burn dietary fat in the time its circulating in your system.
                BTW I have it on good authority, he falls off the LC wagon a lot, like almost every day. People with a serious sweet tooth should probably not go the LC route IMHO.

Comment

I guess it's hard to be a salesman w/o testing out the various diet and food offerings from those eager to ride the coattails of a master salesman who HAS lost a significant amount of weight. Trouble is, we expect our "idols" to be perfect, w/o feet of clay. Serious sweet teeth? Had a mouthful, but Atkins LC diet mostly fixed them. Mostly. My feet of clay extend mainly into my ankles. I have never forsaken ice cream; other temptations may come and go, but ice cream, particularly in the heat of summer, remains.
                  From my own experience, I suspect I can handle a ketosis diet, but not a low carb, high fat diet. Even so, I'm very close to my ending LC weight before I institute ketosis. No, I won't tell you what that is!

Comment

Oyvindsen84

I would definitely implement Intermittent Fasting or a carb-backloading schedule or just a 3-4 day per week fasting regimen to try to drop calories a bit. You can't just drop all those kcals at once, it has to be gradual and coupled with some aerobic or interval activity to boost fat metabolism. Start with 2,500, then 2,250, then 2,000, etc. over the course of a few weeks.

Anything that changed drastically last July or August that could be contributing to the weight gain?

Comment

Originally posted by sharperhawk View Post
                      Outside of specific treatment protocols requiring deep ketosis (epilepsy, cancer, some neurodegenerative diseases) I don't condone limiting protein. Eat the animal....protein, fat and all. I don't chase ketones.

I'm about as close to zero carb as I wish to be, and I get get about 150-160g of protein a day at my 165lb current weight. I don't have a set goal on it, but this is just where it ends up when I eat with "fat to taste". I tracked for a few days and noticed an interesting trend...I come very close to eating the same grams in fat that I do in protein when I eat to what I find optimal taste.

For instance, did three days of tracking and got protein/fat as follows: 151/168; 165/108; 146/144

I'm already burned out on using chronometer...lol, so I won't continue tracking, but I thought I would do it for sharing purposes.

Edit: tracked a couple of workout days and closer to 230/180 on those.....
                      Last edited by Neckhammer; 09-28-2017, 05:23 PM.

Comment

OnTheBayou:

Thanks. I have tried eating more protein. It do work wonder for reducing my appetite, but I haven`t notice any changes reducing hunger.

Primastrong:

I started IF yesterday. Fasting to 1:00 pm and eating my last meal at 9:00 pm and then just see how low calorie I can go. I managed to eat 1700 cal that day, but I think 2200-2400 is more realistic long term.

Yes there is actually somthing worth mention regarding my weight gain. February 2016 I stoped eating dairy because I suspected som food intolerance or alergic reaction. My symptom was mainly fatigue witch improved a lot without dairy. Then I ate somthing close to a GAPS diet for a couple of months, and after half a year I tried introducing dairy back in mye diet. This time I had no problems with fatigue or any other symptoms, but I did gain 2 kg that month. Considering I was probably eating around 3000 cal at the time and then started adding cheese, butter, heavy and sour cream to my meals, I think those ekstra kilos was a natural result. And that was the start of my fat gaining adventure.

January this year I got Plantar Fasciitis in my left foot, witch i still got. It is improving and hopefully I will be fully recovered before christmas, but in the meantime I have to use mye foot as little as possible witch is unfortunate because it makes me very inactive. I used to do a lot of hiking before the injury. I have actually joined a Brasilian Jiu-Jitsu class this autumn, so I am not totaly inactive.

Comment

My wife has been sick with stage 3 cancer for past few years which has been completely changed our lives. We have gone through every route of allopathic treatments but it only has worsen her health status which we were advised to look into modern or natural route of healing. She was dealing constant seizures, unbearable migraine, high cytokines, constant body pain, a lot of hormone imbalance, completely bed bounded for years but our
                          wonderful practitioner introduced us IMMUNO-MAF (injection, spray), GcMAF and peptide bioregulator products. She has improved so
                          much with right diet, drainage, and mindset work. She is out of wheelchair and moving around on her own and going for short walks
                          with significantly less neurological and body pain issues. You should definitely consider IMMUNO-MAF and gcmaf products. It has been amazing for all of us including our sick daughter.
                          Stay strong! Here is the website: https://www.naturalregenesis.net/

Comment

Effing spammers. Joined to post this BS.

Comment

Working...
                            X