Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its an insulin vacation LOL.
    A fad - it isn't. It was even in the 60's called "the drinking man's diet". The principles underlying this are as sound as the low carb diets.
    The whole cook real food and eat everyday idea doesn't appeal to me, nor is it possible for me with my skill/time/kitchen. If I am to make it to my 70's and have no health concerns and comply with anything remotely resembling a healthy WOE, its gonna be on the back of the insulin vacations. Yea my life could change, I could have my son grow up and turn into Emeril Lagasse in a couple years and I could be in meat heaven. But that aspect not withstanding - this is the sustainable way to go for me.

Comment

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING???!!!!!!

No, you WON'T make it to your 70s. Want to know why? Because you'll die of chirrosis far before then.

Honestly..... I don't know how anyone, let alone someone posting in a PRIMAL NUTRITION forum, could be so blatantly ignorant.

I think my first instincts on you were correct...... you're an attention-seeking wanna-be troll. It's either that or you're actually so nutritionally uneducated that your ignorance is astounding.

Pick one.
      Last edited by Ontario; 11-03-2017, 02:29 PM.
      Moved on over to www.primalforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario View Post
        ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING???!!!!!!

No, you WON'T make it to your 70s. Want to know why? Because you'll die of sclerosis far before then.

Honestly..... I don't know how anyone, let alone someone posting in a PRIMAL NUTRITION forum, could be so blatantly ignorant.

I think my first instincts on you were correct...... you're an attention-seeking wanna-be troll. It's either that or you're actually so nutritionally uneducated that your ignorance is astounding.

Pick one.
        I dont know about either, but how about both. Yea I'm an uneducated attention seeking troll, not to mention drunk and a pirate.
        I'll post the results of my bloodwork in a couple of months. Some what of a 15 month road map to what could be a big downward spiral. Or not.
        Lets just leave it there OK.

You can continue the judgements and labelling - Please let me not stop you there.

Comment

Originally posted by srinath_69 View Post

I dont know about either, but how about both. Yea I'm an uneducated attention seeking troll, not to mention drunk and a pirate.
          I'll post the results of my bloodwork in a couple of months. Some what of a 15 month road map to what could be a big downward spiral. Or not.
          Lets just leave it there OK.

You can continue the judgements and labelling - Please let me not stop you there.
          I don’t think anyone gives a rat’s a$$ about your blood work or your theories re insulin.

Comment

I'll be interested in your results, Srinath. But the conclusions you may draw about the methods are what's giving me pause.

Comment

Magnesium. Yes, it's true.

I often suffered night cramps of varying degrees. Months ago I started trying magnesium "oil." I'd spray it all over my front, legs, etc. and read a book while it dried. Very nasty, gets on everything as it takes a long time to absorb.

Recently went directly to Magnesium Chloride. Aiming for a minimum of 1 tsp/day. which equates to 500mg. Bulk Supplements brand on Amazon. Cheap. I find that I can put 1/4 tsp on my eggs, or in the scrambled ones, another 1/4 tsp in my breakfast carbs. More than that gets the food bitter. I have a salt shaker with the MgCl in it that I top foods off through the day.

Cramps now gone for weeks. It appears that it took some time for this to happen, must have needed a bunch to top off. Yes, it does make one's stools soft. I wouldn't call it laxative effect as some do. YMMV. A daily half tablet of Loperimide fixed that, and it seems that after awhile, I no longer needed it.
              Last edited by OnTheBayou; 11-05-2017, 01:23 PM. Reason: Changed goal amount from 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp.

Comment

Originally posted by Paysan View Post
                I'll be interested in your results, Srinath.But the conclusions you may draw about the methods are what's giving me pause.
                This is my concern as well. I'm not his biggest fan but I am concerned he's going to kill himself if he keeps this up.
                Moved on over to www.primalforums.com

Comment

There wont be any conclusions. The data and numbers should suggest a theory. I have BP numbers for now taken @ regular intervals and my diet and excercise changes too.

Comment

Working...
                  X