Ad Widget

Collapse

Does this forum have a spam target drawn on its cyber back?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this forum have a spam target drawn on its cyber back?

I have never been on a forum or blog that is so inundated with spam. By many multiples.

What's as bad as the sheer volume is the terrible English most use. It hurts my head just to read the subject line.

I thought that when Mark redid the site a year ago this was supposed to become history. And it seems that for awhile, we got relief, although the Nutrition Forum didn't work for many months.

I know that Mark provides this for free, and I am damned grateful that the does so. Yet, it seems that there would be some kind of way to prevent or be rid of this load of spam.

OTB: It is impossible to fix. There is no way in hell that we could have, say, a few moderators who volunteer from the user community to handle flagging and deleting the junque. (Aardvarks vs porcupines, live) Just can't be done, dontcha know? It would require some one in charge to give a shit. And the powers that be are off on a keto tangent at present, something else tomorrow.
    Finally have given up on MDA Forum.
    My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

I know, it's maddening. Please, please, please, Mark, if you see this make SOMEONE a moderator. I have offered myself up just because I can't stand it. It's awful. I've built forums before and I can tell you -it's so freaking easy to stop this. It really is.

GAH!
      Moved on over to www.primalforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario View Post
        I know, it's maddening. Please, please, please, Mark, if you see this make SOMEONE a moderator. I have offered myself up just because I can't stand it. It's awful. I've built forums before and I can tell you -it's so freaking easy to stop this. It really is.

GAH!
        This forum does not have enough activity to warrant a moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by Artbuc View Post

This forum does not have enough activity to warrant a moderator.
          Every forum should have a moderator.

Comment

+1 Ontario.
            In the past, I've volunteered for spam patrol duty also. It is amateur hour, year after year, no end in sight.
            The Three L's are in play: Like it, Lump it, or Leave.
            My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by Rig D View Post
              +1 Ontario.
              In the past, I've volunteered for spam patrol duty also. It is amateur hour, year after year, no end in sight.
              The Three L's are in play: Like it, Lump it, or Leave.
              Maybe we just need a hacker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario View Post

Maybe we just need a hacker.
                Probably, with great irony, our white hat would get caught...............

If this forum and this level of spam was across the intertubes, well, OK. But that the obvious spam posting aren't deleted within a day or two is really surprising. Mark used to talk about his "worker bees", employees, I presume. I haven't heard of them in quite awhile. Is he running his business solo? Can't he find some local kid to scrub the forums every day? If people flagged the violators, it could be done in minutes per day, I'm sure.

Comment

Too busy selling restaurant franchises.

Comment

Mark used to talk about his "worker bees", employees, I presume. I haven't heard of them in quite awhile.
                    The bees suffered (possibly are suffering) Colony collapse disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by Rig D View Post
                      The bees suffered (possibly are suffering) Colony collapse disorder.
                      You are closer than you think! A famous part of Malibu is known as The Colony!

Comment

S--- happens.

The difference between online forums is that in some of them, the moderators don't let s--- pile up where ordinary users can see and smell it. They flush it.
                        I moved to primalforums.com to escape the spam.

Comment

+1 Sharperhawk. It's not at all clear that there any MDA moderators. If so, they obviously lost their round tuit long ago.

Comment

Not nearly as annoying as the vegan trolls that had popped up earlier this year, thankfully those have been taken care of.
                            There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
                            There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
                            There is society, where none intrudes,
                            By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
                            I love not man the less, but Nature more...
                            ~Lord Byron

Comment

Oh, yeah, MDA leaped on Priest as soon as he showed up, didn't they? As I remember it, there was no action until Priest started slamming Sisson directly, then after a while they purged him. If he had stuck to demeaning his fav few, we'd most likely still be seeing his umpteen posts per day.

Comment

Working...
                              X