Ad Widget

Collapse

Does this forum have a spam target drawn on its cyber back?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone is trying to get into my account, blocking my access. It happened a few months ago as well, when the vegans were having a field day at MDA. IP address is in Valencia CA like last time, 172.31.22.245. I suspected Priest of it back then, but it started again recently.

Anyone else having this kind of issues? Not sure if it's useful to e-mail this information to MDA and/or post it in the blog, but it's starting to get annoying, not just this, but the whole spammers/advertisers/lack of moderators...
    "Don't sweat the small stuff and relax about the whole process"

Comment

Originally posted by lovebird View Post
      starting to get annoying, not just this, but the whole spammers/advertisers/lack of moderators...
      STARTING? "Oh, really? " as my (English) BIL would say. No. It has been annoying for far too long now.

Things need to change ASAP.

Comment

I think I've got a "fat finger" problem, but I've had a couple of occasions where I couldn't log in and had to cool off on the sideline for 15 minutes before trying again. Nothing like the problem you describe.
        Not sure if it's useful to e-mail this information to MDA...
        Where would you email it? One thing I can not find on the site is a contact email address for any sort of problem resolution. It is an interesting exercise to search the FAQ and Forum Rules. The closest thing I've found is something like "contact your site administrator."

If you have a valid email address, please share it.

And if you look for Worker Bee, Administrator, or Mark Sisson or anyone else on the member list with the idea of sending a PM, you'll likely not be able to "get there." When I attempt to use the member list, when it has to move to a page other than the first page of an alphabet character it takes me immediately to the forum home page. Really a useful feature.

I share your frustration Lovebird. But while I continue to gripe about it, I have long ago reconciled myself with the SNAFU nature of the forum, and the neglected step child nature of this "critical part of MDA."
        Finally have given up on MDA Forum.
        My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by Rig D View Post
          I think I've got a "fat finger" problem, but I've had a couple of occasions where I couldn't log in and had to cool off on the sideline for 15 minutes before trying again. Nothing like the problem you describe.

Where would you email it? One thing I can not find on the site is a contact email address for any sort of problem resolution. It is an interesting exercise to search the FAQ and Forum Rules. The closest thing I've found is something like "contact your site administrator."

If you have a valid email address, please share it.

And if you look for Worker Bee, Administrator, or Mark Sisson or anyone else on the member list with the idea of sending a PM, you'll likely not be able to "get there." When I attempt to use the member list, when it has to move to a page other than the first page of an alphabet character it takes me immediately to the forum home page. Really a useful feature.

I share your frustration Lovebird. But while I continue to gripe about it, I have long ago reconciled myself with the SNAFU nature of the forum, and the neglected step child nature of this "critical part of MDA."
          The system gives you 5 chances total to get it right if that's the issue... I tried to log in for the first time today after getting info about a PM in the mail and could not get any access for hours... and there was 1 e-mail confirming that someone tried to log into my account but was blocked from doing so for 15 minutes. Why not simply block the IP address as I'm obviously not visiting the US right now?

I wouldn't know, but haven't searched for it yet. Someone else here mentioned sending an e-mail recently and I'll ask her about it first.

The member list is only to be used with the bottom page numbers, as the upper ones do indeed that. I've seen the admins show up from time to time and don't think PMing them would change much... and since your letter never was succesful either... not because of you, mind you.

Letting off steam on occasion is better than having it build up...

Comment

Then again, she probably used this one: https://www.marksdailyapple.com/contact/ *sigh*

Comment

Any day now, Mark Sisson is going to break up with us. All the signs are there.
              I moved to primalforums.com to escape the spam.

Comment

The member list is only to be used with the bottom page numbers, as the upper ones do indeed that. I've seen the admins show up from time to time and don't think PMing them would change much... and since your letter never was succesful either... not because of you, mind you.
                Bah, humbug, pain in the butt!!!!
                So we have at least 2 obvious users I've verified, Admin and Mark Sisson who are listed as administrators. Verifying that they are administrators is a "simple" process, you just click the letter you want, let's use Mark Sisson, so you put in M. On the bottom you see there are 1416 pages of M users. Then you just do a modified btree search till you land on the right page, which for Sisson is P253 of the M's.

But having verified them, if I now wanted to post a major bitch about the forum I'd simply PM both of these using this link for PM's: http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/privatemessage/index

Possibly my message would be looked at. If enough of us would do so, it might trigger some action. I know, it is a very remote chance.
                ---
                Ha, my "bitch n gripe" letter to Mark. It WAS successful, in its own way: It provided a wonderful stress relief. Didn't accomplish anything, never acknowledged and nothing addressed, but I felt better. I'm sure it is somewhere inside the event horizon of the MDA black hole now. Shoot, I didn't even keep a copy.
                My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

Sharperhawk: I don't think the forum is ever going to just go away. Unless Mark can cross match book sales vs forum members and find that nobody buys his books, food, or supplements, which I doubt. Otherwise, I think things will continue on as they have, like I said previously, snafu. And judging by how long Priest hung around, I'd doubt that any of us squeaky wheels are in any real jeopardy of getting kicked off individually, but who knows. I'd at least expect some kind of warning message from MDA, and that would require some admin type to move off top dead center. I suspect that as long as we don't deteriorate into profanity or resort to very reprehensible characterizations in our comments we're OK.

Comment

Bah, humbug, pain in the butt!!!!
                    So we have at least 2 obvious users I've verified, Admin and Mark Sisson who are listed as administrators. Verifying that they are administrators is a "simple" process, you just click the letter you want, let's use Mark Sisson, so you put in M. On the bottom you see there are 1416 pages of M users. Then you just do a modified btree search till you land on the right page, which for Sisson is P253 of the M's.

But having verified them, if I now wanted to post a major bitch about the forum I'd simply PM both of these using this link for PM's: http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/privatemessage/index

Possibly my message would be looked at. If enough of us would do so, it might trigger some action. I know, it is a very remote chance.
                    ---
                    Ha, my "bitch n gripe" letter to Mark. It WAS successful, in its own way: It provided a wonderful stress relief. Didn't accomplish anything, never acknowledged and nothing addressed, but I felt better. I'm sure it is somewhere inside the event horizon of the MDA black hole now. Shoot, I didn't even keep a copy.
                    Those 2 can be found at the sticky topics... no need to search for either of them. There's another admin that's a bit harder to find.

Judging by the fast growing number of members, most of the newbies being sport spammers these days and no action to ban/block them at all, the issue with the software and/or host still isn't covered, which in my ears sounds unbelievable and inexcusable.

Remote chance... that sounds about right. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by sharperhawk View Post
                      Any day now, Mark Sisson is going to break up with us. All the signs are there.
                      I think that's referred to as 'ghosting' nowadays... vanish without a word of goodbye or explanation...

But he did say that the forum is valuable and will be up to par at some time in the future. We just have to be patient.

Comment

Yes, he did say that, and how many months ago was that? If you've been holding your breath, your face is no doubt a lovely, dark shade of blue.

"Pie in the sky, bye and bye"

Comment

Yes, he did say that, and how many months ago was that? If you've been holding your breath, your face is no doubt a lovely, dark shade of blue.

"Pie in the sky, bye and bye"
                          You should know me better than that by now... but it did make me chuckle... as it is so true. As well as sad.

Comment

Working...
                          X