• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• invino77
    started a topic Eggs

Eggs

How many is safe to eat in one day?

Yesterday I had four, today 3.....

I am starting out on a week of strict primal, no fruit, nuts or dairy....

Thanks,
    S

• JPA
    replied
    Eggs with almond butter... have to try that.

Also, experiment with cinnamon as well. I sprinkle lots of cinnamon on sweet potatoes, omelets, hard boiled eggs, and lots of others.

Leave a comment:

• Edje Noh
    replied
    I make a 4-egg omelet daily and smear almond butter on it. Very tasty.
    Occasionally I'll throw in some grasscheese or veggies as well.
    Sometimes I'll down two extra raw ones during the day (for instance, post work-out).

Leave a comment:

• ElaineC
    replied
    Today, I ate 10 eggs. I'm slightly horrified at myself, they were mediums but they were supposed to last me for a few days. I guess hard boiled eggs are too convenient!

I don't usually eat more than 4 a day, and go through anywhere from a dozen to two dozen a week for myself. I buy them from a local farm, its serve yourself, and pick up anywhere from mediums up to monster huge if they have them. No nasty side affects so far!

Leave a comment:

• Ideal Peace
    replied
    I eat 16oz of white egg beaters 2x a week after hard weight training days. I only eat about a dozen more whole eggs fried in butter in 3-4 egg servings the rest of the week.

Leave a comment:

• cookie
    replied
    i was eating around 21 a week, and yes i farted a lot, but BEHOLD:
    i became suddenly sensitive to them, to the point where i was almost crapping my pants daily for months. i got really tired after eating them, horrible loose stool, and nauseous half an hour after eating them. turns out you can develop an intolerance to eggs. i stopped eating eggs a few weeks back all together and everything i was going through turned around completely. it was so sad, too, cuz eggs are pretty much the healthiest and tastiest thing ever. i even got chickens a few months back, before i knew what was going on. such a shame!
    i plan on reintroducing them in a few weeks to see if i can handle them.
    be careful!

Leave a comment:

• brahnamin
    replied
    I average between 15-25 a week. But before I exiled my traditional breakfast time in favor of IF, I was eating 25-35 per week minimum.

My *lunch* has become a breakfast meal about half the week lately with BAS landing in the other half.

Leave a comment:

• JPA
    replied
    An average of 20-30 a week at most. I may have had more.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I ate between 12-18 a day for two weeks in early May, 2011. It was the best. Now I drink a gallon of milk because it's easier.

I'm so healthy.

Leave a comment:

• carlh
    replied
    This many.

Leave a comment:

• pyro13g
    replied
    Originally posted by Furan View Post
    What about the acido-basic balance of your body, if you're having so many ? (i'm talking about that net acidic load you want to avoid before going to bed - cf. Dr. Cordain)
    I was playing with numbers based on the ratings of different foods. Acid Alkaline Food Chart | Identify pH of Foods and Drinks Look at the avoid column!!! In my eyes the acid/alkaline deal is bonk and the first word that comes to mind are words the start with "V E G"

This seems almost impossible unless your diet is mostly vegetables.

Oh I eat 4-5 day and some incidentals in primal mayo, etc. 3 dozen a week seems to be what I usually buy.
    Last edited by pyro13g; 06-07-2011, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Diana Renata
    replied
    I average 4 a day, sometimes as many as 7 lately.

Leave a comment:

• jaysond
    replied
    i eat 5-7 per day!

Leave a comment:

• MalPaz
    replied
    i had 7 yesterday

Leave a comment:

• Nion
    replied
    Well...if you eat too many you might fart a lot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X