Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I follow a low lectin primal for my arthritis - but to keep my psoriasis clear I have to add nuts to the list of things i don't eat. I would suggest a very annoying and very strict trial of zero nightshades, eggs, dairy (including butter), grains, nuts or beans for a month. It works great for me. I then added food items back in one at a time to see what was causing problems. Nuts cause my psoriasis to flare, nightshades cause a severe arthritis flare.

Also, I don't think the elimination will work nearly as well if you don't get your vitamin D3 levels to the upper end of normal. If you can, get tested, then take a high quality oil based D3.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

I know I sound like a broken record on this message board but you really should check out the GAPS diet.

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
        I follow a low lectin primal for my arthritis - but to keep my psoriasis clear I have to add nuts to the list of things i don't eat. I would suggest a very annoying and very strict trial of zero nightshades, eggs, dairy (including butter), grains, nuts or beans for a month. It works great for me. I then added food items back in one at a time to see what was causing problems. Nuts cause my psoriasis to flare, nightshades cause a severe arthritis flare.

Also, I don't think the elimination will work nearly as well if you don't get your vitamin D3 levels to the upper end of normal. If you can, get tested, then take a high quality oil based D3.
        Yeah I think I will need to also go on a low lectin diet. The only thing left for me to eliminate is butter and nightshades. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jkr View Post
          I know I sound like a broken record on this message board but you really should check out the GAPS diet.
          Isn't it pretty much like Paleo plus bone broths?

Comment

Originally posted by leanzorik View Post
            Yeah I think I will need to also go on a low lectin diet. The only thing left for me to eliminate is butter and nightshades. lol
            Have you already eliminated nuts from your diet as well?
            Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

Comment

Isn't it pretty much like Paleo plus bone broths?
              In some ways they are similar but there are some very important differences.

There is the intro portion of the diet, which gives the gut a chance at accelerated healing. Also, tons of bone broth, tons of fermented foods, no disaccharides, only honey/dates as a sweetener, soaked nuts only, screaming high levels of fat, and a really high count probiotic, off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                Have you already eliminated nuts from your diet as well?
                Yeah I don't eat nuts/seeds. My vitamin D is at 47, tested a month ago. Its in the normal range, but not in the upper range as you mentioned earlier. I take about 4,000 IU of http://www.amazon.com/Liquid-Vitamin...5899368&sr=8-7

Comment

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has cured their psoriasis through the primal diet on here?

I been doing 80% Paleo the last two months. My acne has definitely reduced. But my psoriasis has not changed at all. I do eat grass fed butter as the only dairy source.

I have recently been diagnosed with psoriasis. It took over 1.5 years to even diagnose it! I been to two dermatologists and one naturepath. None of them has able to help me in any way.

So has anyone able to cure this? I have heard people with autoimmune diseases should avoid the nightshades and all forms of dairy in addition to the Paleo diet?
                  Eliminating brown rice cured my psoriasis, and possibly my receding gums.

Comment

Originally posted by jhc View Post
                    I have mild psoriasis on my upper arms; the diet helps somewhat in that the increased oil intake improves your skin, but what really helps is sun.
                    jhc,

RIGHT ON ! Psoriasis is caused by Vitamin D3 Deficiency, most people need 10,000 IU Daily of Vitamin D3 Gelltabs. Then after 3 months verify your dosage with a blood test - it should be 80 to 100 ng/ml. Adjust dosage by 1000 IU daily to change the blood level by 10. At home blood test for $65, and by any nearby Lab Corp $50, details below the line.
                    http://www.naturalnews.com/z028357_v...eficiency.html
                    Dr. Kruse: Here sun light is curative because it stimulates Vitamin D 3 production to make excess Vitamin D3 to make degradation products. Anyone with psoriasis should have their Vitamin D levels checked and optimized before they do anything else. Most have extremely low levels and they tend to be obese and have higher cancer rates across the board as well. Why? Low vitamin D levels is why!
                    http://jackkruse.com/the-sunshine-of-your-life/

Also rub the afflicted areas with Coconut Oil.

Grizz
                    Last edited by Grizz; 12-14-2011, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
                      jhc,

RIGHT ON ! Psoriasis is caused by Vitamin D3 Deficiency, most people need 10,000 IU Daily of Vitamin D3 Gelltabs. Then after 3 months verify your dosage with a blood test - it should be 80 to 100 ng/ml. Adjust dosage by 1000 IU daily to change the blood level by 10. At home blood test for $65, and by any nearby Lab Corp $50, details below the line.

Also rub the afflicted areas with Coconut Oil.

Grizz
                      I didn't know Psoriasis is caused by Vitamin D deficiency! Not surprisingly my naturepath and dermatologist didn't let me know about the Vitamin D connection. Naturepath said I was within normal range. So 80-100 ng/ml should be the goal? I am at 47. lol

Comment

I didn't know Psoriasis is caused by Vitamin D deficiency! Not surprisingly my naturepath and dermatologist didn't let me know about the Vitamin D connection. Naturepath said I was within normal range. So 80-100 ng/ml should be the goal? I am at 47. lol
                        Correcting Vitamin D deficiency may help some people with psoriasis, but it is unlikely to completely curative more most people. That said, I think your D could stand to be up a little.

Sunlight actually does more to help psoriasis than just make vitamin D. The UV rays change the immune system in your skin. So some patients do use sunlight or prescribed UV boxes to help.

I've also read stories from a few people here who get flares from any type of vegetable oil. So you may have to try quite a few things to figure out what works for you.

Comment

I don't have psoriasis, but rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis. I've been trying the diet from that Dr Wahls TED talk that's been floating around here. It says 9 cups of vegetables a day (3 green leaves, 3 sulfur-rich, 3 brightly-colored), plus whatever meats/fats/proteins you want, with offal and seaweed each at least once a week. I can't say if it's helping yet, it's been less than a week, but you might want to look into it. I know I feel much better, but placebo's a hell of a drug. Although my constipation problem is absolutely gone, clean one-wipe, 10-second morning evacuation. I was eating mostly meat with vegetables as a side dish.

It might not be what you're eating that's causing it, but what you're not eating. Lots of vitamin A, E, and K in those vegetables which is supposed to be great for skin and inflammation.

Comment

Originally posted by DubleYoo View Post
                            I don't have psoriasis, but rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis.
                            I wasn't ever officially diagnosed, but I had something similar to seborrheic dermatitis. Basically, my scalp would regularly develop these very sensitive pimples. If I pull the hair out from that area, the root of the hair would be covered in a white waxy substance (apparently keratin). Anyway, since my dietary changes, I can't remember the last time having those annoying sensitive pimples.

Comment

Originally posted by DubleYoo View Post
                              I don't have psoriasis, but rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis. I've been trying the diet from that Dr Wahls TED talk that's been floating around here. It says 9 cups of vegetables a day (3 green leaves, 3 sulfur-rich, 3 brightly-colored), plus whatever meats/fats/proteins you want, with offal and seaweed each at least once a week. I can't say if it's helping yet, it's been less than a week, but you might want to look into it. I know I feel much better, but placebo's a hell of a drug. Although my constipation problem is absolutely gone, clean one-wipe, 10-second morning evacuation. I was eating mostly meat with vegetables as a side dish.

It might not be what you're eating that's causing it, but what you're not eating. Lots of vitamin A, E, and K in those vegetables which is supposed to be great for skin and inflammation.
                              Well I have very severe dandruff. Its not quite like seborrheic dermatitis but similar. Upping vegetables couldn't hurt anyway!

Comment

My husband has psoriasis for years until he came across this book and after following the recommendations - it completely cleared the psoriasis for him. I will tell you that it required dedication and adherence to the rules - diet wise & supplement wise. My husband also lost weight following the diet whcih he didn't need to do but felt the weight loss was worth the trade-off for feeling better & clearing the psoriasis. It's not a cure - as it can return if you reintroduce the trigger foods but I can honestly say that it worked. Good luck!!!

Amazon.com: Healing Psoriasis: The Natural Alternative (9780962884702): John O. A. Pagano: Books

Comment

Working...
                                X