Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimhensen View Post
    Insulin resistance goes up with weight gain regardless of macronutrient intake
    Not with muscle gain but with fat gain...big difference....unless you have a study that shows other wise.

Funny how you, the troll, ignored my other posts...pathetic.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 02-19-2012, 10:14 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Comment

Insulin resistance goes up with weight gain regardless of macronutrient intake
      No it doesn't.

When my BMI increased to 34 (obese and at least 40% body fat) I showed no signs of insulin resistance. My blood glucose and blood pressure were in the ideal zone. That's because I was eating low fructose, low GI and mostly real food. The main reasons for the weight gain were giving up gluten grains (which cured my IBS), owning a car for the first time and having to cut back on exercise due to health problems.

Lots of Greeks are obese and show no signs of insulin resistance as they eat a healthy Mediterranean diet and walk a lot. They don't binge on sugar and bread. They get fat eating too much real food, as I did.
      F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Couldn't give up your goodies so blamed primal for failing. I've got no problem with that, eat what you like.
        And I'll keep on letting people on here who fall into the trap of thinking that you're actually a member who's trying to help people with the primal paleo lifestyle know that you're full of shit and just trolling.

speaking words of wisdom....

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
          Not with muscle gain but with fat gain...big difference....unless you have a study that shows other wise.

Funny how you, the troll, ignored my other posts...pathetic.
          Yes, I meant fat gain not muscle gain.

Comment

Some of my obsessively thin friends have given themselves insulin resistance through years of low fat dieting.

When they assume I am insulin resistant I have to set them straight.
            F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
              Some of my obsessively thin friends have given themselves insulin resistance through years of low fat dieting.

When they assume I am insulin resistant I have to set them straight.
              How do you know they are insulin resistant?

Comment

How do you know they are insulin resistant?
                They've told me they've been diagnosed with prediabetes. They have to eat lots of small meals otherwise their blood sugar levels crash. They are eating the CW healthy fats now like olive oil and fish oil, but they're still getting as close as they can to eliminating saturated fat from their diets and overall their diets are still low in fat given their low calorie intakes. They eat a lot of wholegrains, vegetables and chicken. They are very health conscious. They look skinny fat with relatively large waists and fat faces.

Another slim friend who is older by about 15 years is much healthier by comparison. She mostly eats meat, fish, eggs, organic vegetables, butter and bread which she bakes herself and a bit of chocolate. She doesn't do a lot of wholegrains. She smokes, and she drinks more than the other friends. She's also very active. She has a more relaxed attitude. She isn't primal but she's not that far off now I come to think of it.

Comment

J Stanton has a really good series about will power, satiety and such. The best-titled one is
                  Why Snack Food Is Addictive: The Grand Unified Theory of Snack Appeal - GNOLLS.ORG
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry H View Post
                    Couldn't give up your goodies so blamed primal for failing. I've got no problem with that, eat what you like.
                    And I'll keep on letting people on here who fall into the trap of thinking that you're actually a member who's trying to help people with the primal paleo lifestyle know that you're full of shit and just trolling.

speaking words of wisdom....
                    +1
                    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                    PS
                    Don't forget to play!

Comment

You can't simply demand to be heard as a scientist. There is a significant amount of investment in CW by corporations and the government and it will take years for science to overcome that.
                      http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Working...
                      X