No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Cravings

Hey Guys,

I've been Primal since November and for some reason I am having the WORST sugar cravings right now. I've been trying to stick to fruit but nothing seems to calm the craving. I've been pretty stressed lately, I was sick with the stomach flu last week, just finished a round of midterms, I'm working part-time, in school full-time, and I just started studying for the law school admissions test. My stomach still doesn't seem to have repaired from the flu, I've been nauseous a lot lately so I've also been eating less this week, and when I do get hungry I just want sugar/snack foods. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks!
    Amber

Are you eating plenty of fat, specifically animal fat?
    What are you generally eating?

Comment

Have you been doing a lot of exercise? It could also be stress... Think of a drug addict when do they go back to the drugs? When they are under a lot of stress.. I would work on trying to find ways to relax, maybe get a way.. go for a long hike this weekend and do some meditation.

If you have been exercise it can be your body screaming for carbs. You can try having some sweet potatoes to see if it helps.
      Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Telling us what you are eating may help us help you.

When I am stressed out I definitely crave more sweet, non primal foods.
        Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Comment

If you don't feel well enough to eat, maybe your body is craving quick, easy-to-digest energy. I would eat the sugar and call it a "carb refeed." Stick with honey, sugar cane juice, or maple syrup, plus some ginger. If it calms your stomach and you can go back to primal later it's all good. If the sugar triggers even more cravings you'll have to reassess.
          5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

If you have been exercise it can be your body screaming for carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by waynebw View Post
              Are you eating plenty of fat, specifically animal fat?
              This. I have been a MAJOR sugar addict my whole life but as soon as I started eating animal fat regularly the cravings literally vanished.

Comment

Working...
              X