No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finnegans Wake
    replied
    I keep tins of the King Oscar sardines in olive oil in a drawer at work in case lunch doesn't fill me up.

Bugger the cube farm neighbors if they don't like the smell.

Leave a comment:

• AMonkey
    replied
    I was definitely hesitant about eating them at first. You pull a whole, oily fish out of a can. It has the scales, it has the spinal cord, bones and vertebrae, it doesn't look like the pristine fish fillet your used. But it tastes pretty good and its probably one of the best foods you can eat when you consider the convenience/price/health ratio.

Leave a comment:

• Go Tribe
    replied
    I found a paprika sauce one at Wal-mart, it was packaged in a pouch. Freaking awesome. I was more worried about them being salty than them looking at me. If you can eat salmon from the can, you can eat sardines from the can (or pouch). Now I'm hungry!!!

Leave a comment:

• ljbprrfmof
    replied
    Okay, I bought a can to try, without looking at the ingredients. They are Bumblebee in oil. So it might be soy oil, but at $1.19 per can, and I only bought one, I figure I could risk a buck to find out if I am grossed out by them. I'll get my wife in on it too. Should be a laugh fest.

LJ

Leave a comment:

• jb0055
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike7 View Post
    Walmart King Oscar Brand for 2:50.
    Yep, had a can of king oscar last night, but I was thinking they were more than $2.50. Who knows maybe I should shop at Wal Mart.

Leave a comment:

• athomeontherange
    replied
    Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Why skinless and boneless? Seems to me you're missing some of the best parts...
    agreed.. reminded me of canned salmon but eating the bones and skin was no big deal

Leave a comment:

• Finnegans Wake
    replied
    Why skinless and boneless? Seems to me you're missing some of the best parts...

Leave a comment:

• dbalch
    replied
    In Jamaica, they mince sardines up and mix them with chopped onions. They tend to spread them on crackers after that. Eating with a little baked potato would by more PC (primally correct). Try it. Very tasty.

Leave a comment:

• athomeontherange
    replied
    Originally posted by Monty View Post
    I bought a can of them about a month ago. Just recently I took it out of the cupboard, and put it right back in. Couldn't talk myself into it. But from the sounds of it, I'd probably like really them.
    c'mom.. you can do it! I won't go back.. glad I bought 5 cans! LOL

Leave a comment:

• athomeontherange
    replied
    Originally posted by Pooka View Post
    But I'm scared! They look at you!
    no they didn't.. they were headless LOL

Leave a comment:

• Monty
    replied
    I bought a can of them about a month ago. Just recently I took it out of the cupboard, and put it right back in. Couldn't talk myself into it. But from the sounds of it, I'd probably like really them.

Leave a comment:

• Pooka
    replied
    Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
    It was tasty!
    But I'm scared! They look at you!

Leave a comment:

• Drea6681
    replied
    Just ordered them. My roommate will not be pleased. My cats on the other hand...lol...

Leave a comment:

• Drea6681
    replied
    Originally posted by ravingkiko View Post
    I subscribe to sardines from Amazon - extra virgin olive oil, free shipping, $30.33 for a box of 12 if you subscribe. The ingredients on the package say Brisling sardines, extra virgin olive oil, salt. There are several brands that claim to be extra virgin olive oil. I keep a few cans at work for those days I arrive without a lunch. I like these, they have not been boned and skinned. The bones are the best (crunchy) part.
    sweet thanks for the link. That's a great deal

Leave a comment:

• athomeontherange
    replied
    Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
    I just ate sardines but they weren't the good kind. Have to go stock up.
    good kind?? I just had vandecamps in water.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X