Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered them. My roommate will not be pleased. My cats on the other hand...lol...
    SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Official for real start date 1/10/12

Comment

Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
      It was tasty!
      But I'm scared! They look at you!

Comment

I bought a can of them about a month ago. Just recently I took it out of the cupboard, and put it right back in. Couldn't talk myself into it. But from the sounds of it, I'd probably like really them.
        My weak attempt at a journal:http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35809.html

M/30y/190#

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka View Post
          But I'm scared! They look at you!
          no they didn't.. they were headless LOL
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
            I bought a can of them about a month ago. Just recently I took it out of the cupboard, and put it right back in. Couldn't talk myself into it. But from the sounds of it, I'd probably like really them.
            c'mom.. you can do it! I won't go back.. glad I bought 5 cans! LOL
            Karin

Comment

In Jamaica, they mince sardines up and mix them with chopped onions. They tend to spread them on crackers after that. Eating with a little baked potato would by more PC (primally correct). Try it. Very tasty.

Comment

Why skinless and boneless? Seems to me you're missing some of the best parts...

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                  Why skinless and boneless? Seems to me you're missing some of the best parts...
                  agreed.. reminded me of canned salmon but eating the bones and skin was no big deal
                  Karin

Comment

Originally posted by Mike7 View Post
                    Walmart King Oscar Brand for 2:50.
                    Yep, had a can of king oscar last night, but I was thinking they were more than $2.50. Who knows maybe I should shop at Wal Mart.

Comment

Okay, I bought a can to try, without looking at the ingredients. They are Bumblebee in oil. So it might be soy oil, but at $1.19 per can, and I only bought one, I figure I could risk a buck to find out if I am grossed out by them. I'll get my wife in on it too. Should be a laugh fest.

LJ
                      Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
                      I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
                      Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
                      ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Comment

I found a paprika sauce one at Wal-mart, it was packaged in a pouch. Freaking awesome. I was more worried about them being salty than them looking at me. If you can eat salmon from the can, you can eat sardines from the can (or pouch). Now I'm hungry!!!
                        Started 9/15/11 at 323 pounds
                        2/16/13 at 241 pounds
                        Goal is 223 pounds or less

Comment

I was definitely hesitant about eating them at first. You pull a whole, oily fish out of a can. It has the scales, it has the spinal cord, bones and vertebrae, it doesn't look like the pristine fish fillet your used. But it tastes pretty good and its probably one of the best foods you can eat when you consider the convenience/price/health ratio.
                          http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

I keep tins of the King Oscar sardines in olive oil in a drawer at work in case lunch doesn't fill me up.

Bugger the cube farm neighbors if they don't like the smell.

Comment

If you're afraid of PUFA and EVOO sauces that come with the sardines, then buy the plain ones in water and mix them with your own condiments.

They go very well with Lemon.
                              5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

This thread inspired me. I picked up a couple options to try. The one I just ate was a little $1.39 Kroger brand tin - sardines, olive oil, salt. Outside of smelling like an old man who just put in a long day down at the docks, they're pretty great. My girlfriend gagged and I really can't blame her. If this was six months ago, I'd have done the same. The saltiness was a little tough at first, but I could get used to them as an occasional snack. We'll see how the other varieties go down...

Comment

Working...
                                X