No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve-O
    replied

Wow. Thanks for the link. Just read through all three posts and looking forward to the fourth. He definitely compiles some very convincing research and makes some very intelligent analysis about the link between diets consisting of highly acidic foods and osteoporosis.

I wonder if any non-meating eating groups have been studied?

Leave a comment:

• Mirrorball
    replied

[quote]

Its not like they have a white skin like caucasians.</blockquote>

But given where they live, I don&#39;t reckon they expose their skin to the sun a lot, do they?

Leave a comment:

• Anand Srivastava
    replied

Quite possible. But Inuits do eat a lot of fish, which should provide them enough Vitamin D. Its not like they have a white skin like caucasians. I would be surprised if their Vitamin D level is too low.

Excess Omega3 might be another problem. We don&#39;t know too much about it.

They live in a very extreme climate and eat a very extreme diet. Anything could cause the damage. The article does dispute the theory that they are healthy. It shows that they are not very healthy, and their diet may not be ideal. In fact it shows that they age faster than people on SAD ;-).

Leave a comment:

• Allbeef Patty
    replied

Masai?

Leave a comment:

• Mirrorball
    replied

Isn&#39;t it possible that the Inuit have weaker bones because of a vitamin D deficiency?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X