No announcement yet.

Danny Roddy slams Paleo on Matt Stone's Blog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j3nn, great post. Sorry for one-sentence post, but I just have to say it!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
      j3nn, great post. Sorry for one-sentence post, but I just have to say it!
      Short and sweet. TY
      | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

• Many points well taken. Here is the truth for me: I have no issue at all with experimentation. I've done a good bit of it myself to get the weight loss & improved health I achieved. What I think is useful is when a person says, "look, I tried X and here is how it worked for me". Many point out that YMMV. That way, the person reading it can evaluate it, decide if it is something they also want to try. What I take issue with, and perhaps I did too strongly, is people who promote what they do, actually give advice as though they are all knowledgeable. Won't name names but some such promoters have been decidedly anti-Primal (yes, including alcohol and cigarettes). I'm an older person and lived most of my life following CW. Discovering how detrimental sugar and grains were to my body gave me the weight loss I'd always struggled to attain and the side benefits of greatly improved health. I also know that there are many like me, so the promotion of processed foods, sugars (not to mention the booze and cigarettes) is a red flag to me. Sorry if you were offended.
        Starting Weight: 197.5
        Current Weight: 123
        Far healthier!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco Hill View Post
          Such as? I'm genuinely interested to know who is trying to recruit site members and take them away from the enlightened path.
          I assure you I have as much respect for you as you have shown here for me. You're right. Discussion is pointless while you guys mock others.

Comment

• Holy god.

Ya'll need to go out for a walk. Or get laid. Or both.
            A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

• Won't name names but some such promoters have been decidedly anti-Primal (yes, including alcohol and cigarettes).
              Actually, Primal is Okay with booze. Mark is more like to drink wine than eat fruit. I tried to drink alcohol instead of fruit, and fruit is better. I really tried - never touched a drop before. It's disgusting.

I mean, I remember reading Mark saying that traditionally prepared non glutenous grains are fine to eat, but he thinks it is a shortcut to not eat them rather than prepare them properly with soaking and cooking slowly. So, basically because Mark is lazy, the tenet of the PB is that you hall not touch grains. Because other Paleo/Primal gurus believe that eating 5x a day is a chore (see Practical Paleo), the tenet is that you should try to eat 1 or 2x a day... you need to know why a restriction is in place, and if it is purely n=1, laziness or frivolousness... you decide.

I have totally missed the whole pushing part, so I am sorry if I have over-reacted to your statement. All I have seen that you can eat fruit and use juice without VLC guilt and feeling like a failure, don't worry about adding a touch of sugar, try some dairy, reduce fats and meat content and by whatever reason add gelatine. But avoid glut grains, nuts and all PUFA. So, did not look no more worse than many a cross-overs and aligned branches. I dunno, I like the idea of looking for similes rather than for divisions.
              Last edited by Leida; 07-26-2013, 10:41 AM.
              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post

Great Max! Is that something that's happening naturally, or are you consciously shifting that way?
                I'm definitely shifting there on purpose. Knowing me, I'll be 100% Peat soon enough, since I always go all or nothing haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco Hill View Post
                  Yep, those filthy, alcoholic, chain-smoking sugar pushers. A scourge on our society. Pimp Daddy Peat rolls 'em out like a factory line, pushing that dirty sugar onto susceptible, innocent kiddies...

'Hey Kid, wan' sum sugarrrrr. Hissssssssss...'

Sugar Kid's, lap that s**t up. MDMA is so 2012. You read it here.
                  Hahahaha, this is hilarious!

Comment

• Rocco Hill is one of my favorite posters
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                      Rocco Hill is one of my favorite posters
                      I was thinking the same thing! Really enjoy his posts.

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

• I'm still my top favorite poster though. I agree with everything I say.
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

I'm still my top favorite poster though. I agree with everything I say.
                          Napoleon XIV- I live in a split level head (Lyrics) - YouTube

Comment

• I think it's only insane if your personalities disagree with each other. All of my personalities get along quite well and find each other very pleasant and agreeable.

Awesome lyrics those.
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                              These are people dealing with disordered eating behavior. VLC does great things in helping them to put this monster away for good and develop a healthier relationship with food. VLC does not cause cravings in someone like me who does not have a binge eating disorder.
                              Yeah, no. Try eating some sugar or fruit, I bet you'll claim it makes you feel terrible. You're likely insulin resistant like crazy and your fasting glucose levels are probably 3 fold higher than mine, someone you claim is a sugar mainlining junkie who would crash without sugar.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

I think it's only insane if your personalities disagree with each other. All of my personalities get along quite well and find each other very pleasant and agreeable.

Awesome lyrics those.
                                Haha! Indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X