No announcement yet.

Children's lunches photo thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, use sites like imgur: the simple image sharer to link pics so you don't have to wait for approval.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
      Guys, use sites like imgur: the simple image sharer to link pics so you don't have to wait for approval.
      Did my edit to using Photobucket not work?

Comment

I can see one pic meeshar.
        Looks great

Comment

Today's breakfast (in the HK thermos) is oatmeal w/Kerrygold butter, stevia, cinnamon, and raisins. Not exactly Primal, didn't have time to make paleo pancakes though. Oh, and a banana. I try to offer protein in the AM but we're out of her favorite chicken apple sausages and I have to get those in the city.

Lunch is rolled up honey ham, carrots, string cheese, applesauce, and a tiny tangerine. This box is one of the oval EcoLunchbox tiffins.

Comment

I've noticed that there's a lot more fruit/carbs in these lunches compared to what people here say they eat.

I've also noticed that packing carbs for lunch is a lot easier. Fruit, and even sometimes rice (albeit mixed with veggies and some meat), it's just more convenient. I don't eat eggs, so no hard boiled...

Comment

Originally posted by Bosnic View Post
              I've noticed that there's a lot more fruit/carbs in these lunches compared to what people here say they eat.
              Well, these are children's lunches. They generally eat more carbohydrate than adults trying to lose weight(which most of the people who track are).

Comment

I've also noticed that packing carbs for lunch is a lot easier. Fruit, and even sometimes rice (albeit mixed with veggies and some meat), it's just more convenient. I don't eat eggs, so no hard boiled...
                I am trying to get my daughter to eat more protein and fat and lay off the fruit, but at the same time I'm just glad she's eating (she went through a very picky phase from 1.5-3.5 and dropped off the growth charts). Good point though, I went overboard on the fruit today, usually I limit it to one per meal, if that. Unfortunately, I can almost guarantee that when I open this box this afternoon, most (if not all) of the ham will still be there, and possibly the string cheese. And then I'll put it on the table and she's not allowed to ask for any snacks until she actually eats it. ::sigh:: It's a daily struggle.

Comment

hmm, meeshar have you considered just giving her different protein options? maybe she would take to nuts- as a kid I loved raw cashews for the mild sweetness. Maybe she would prefer something like meatballs (some kids like them cold),some have success with that, or leftovers from dinner instead of sliced lunch meat? you know her best but just a thought...
                  If you have a few minutes- please take a look at my story, in my journal
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread87400.html
                  I do warn you, I am a copious writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                    Oh banananutmuffin, I just recently bought your cookbook
                    Thanks!!!
                    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
                    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                      Well, these are children's lunches. They generally eat more carbohydrate than adults trying to lose weight(which most of the people who track are).
                      Yes to this.
                      Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
                      Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

Comment

Originally posted by campanella View Post
                        hmm, meeshar have you considered just giving her different protein options? maybe she would take to nuts- as a kid I loved raw cashews for the mild sweetness. Maybe she would prefer something like meatballs (some kids like them cold),some have success with that, or leftovers from dinner instead of sliced lunch meat? you know her best but just a thought...
                        I do pack nuts some days (she loves almonds) and leftovers occasionally, though usually they get packed for my husband's lunch. What it boils down to is they have limited time to eat at school, plus she's talking/playing the whole time and picking out her favorites and then complaining that she "didn't have time" to eat her protein. We have a rule that she doesn't get sweets/fruit in her lunchbox the next day if she doesn't eat all of her meat, but that only works once or twice, then she just starts coming home with a full lunch box. :/ She eats her protein at home because we're there and she knows she won't get fruit for dessert if she doesn't. Last night she put down a hearty portion of homemade beef/lamb gyro, so I know she likes protein, she'd just rather have fruit if given the choice. I do need to start cooking a little extra at dinner so we have enough leftovers for everyone though. She prefers finger food, but an extra chicken thigh can be picked for the meat, extra meatballs without the sauce, etc. might work.

Comment

I actually thought some of these look low in carbs and I was wondering why anyone would have their kids on a low-carb diet.
                          | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                            Yes this
                            I don't restrict the amount of primal foods I give my children.

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                              I actually thought some of these look low in carbs and I was wondering why anyone would have their kids on a low-carb diet.
                              Like mine?
                              I struggle to find things he will eat cold, hence no starchy carbs. Otherwise id give them to him.

Comment

Bosnic my son won't eat rice at all, so that is out.\

Meeshar that looks great

Here is todays lunch.
                                They have 2 breaks in the morning, fruit break, and recess. I have also packed an apple for fruit break, and cheddar cheese and cucumber for recess.

Comment

Working...
                                X