Ad Widget

Collapse

Thoughts on this Coconut Milk Ice Cream?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!
    Paleo since April 2013 for health reasons.

Comment

I think as a treat it isn't so bad...if you don't have a high powered blender or ice cream maker. I'd be most concerned with the CARRAGEENAN. That being said, a little every now and again, likely won't kill you

Comment

I have made coconut ice cream from 2-1/4 cups of coconut milk and 1/2-3/4 cup sugar (or equivalent sweetener of your choice) dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water. Nothing else. It's the same recipe I use for sweet cream ice cream, using heavy cream instead of coconut milk.

Comment

i haven't tried So Delicious and probably wont, but Coconut Secret makes a coconut ice cream that is IMO much cleaner in ingredients and is pretty darn good. The vanilla is better than chocolate, and softening it up before eating is a must. 22g fat to 9g sugar, I'm down all day
          I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Comment

Make a choice. Eat it, eat regular ice cream or frozen yogurt, or make your own. I'd find something in the middle of cost/effort and what you believe is better for you.

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
              I have made coconut ice cream from 2-1/4 cups of coconut milk and 1/2-3/4 cup sugar (or equivalent sweetener of your choice) dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water. Nothing else. It's the same recipe I use for sweet cream ice cream, using heavy cream instead of coconut milk.

I'd duck if I were you. You used the evil added sugar in a recipe. Simple syrup.
              Last edited by pyro13g; 08-23-2013, 07:28 PM.

Comment

This is actually one of the healthiest frozen treats I have seen on the market, however, can you really stop at a 1/2 cup? I find ice cream hard to stop at just one serving, which is why it stays OUT of my house!

Comment

saffron coconut milk ice cream
                  sherry coconut milk ice cream
                  gonna make whiskey ice cream
                  pumpkin ginger-vodka ice cream

all home made, using 4 eggs (whip the whites) and about a tbs of honey.
                  SO yummy!

Re stopping at 1/2 cup--i put mine in a martini glass... ambience is at least half the battle!

Comment

Working...
                  X