Ad Widget

Collapse

Unexpected sources of wheat... Makes me frustrated!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aingealag
    started a topic Unexpected sources of wheat... Makes me frustrated!

Unexpected sources of wheat... Makes me frustrated!

I've been trying very hard the past 6 weeks to stay away from glutinous grains -especially wheat- and then today I catch a glimpse of the ingredients label of my cough lozenges that I take for my chronic sore throat... and I see WHEAT on the ingredients list! What the #%$* is wheat doing in my cough lozenge?!?! Argh, makes me angry!

Sorry about the rant, I knew grains are in soooo many processed foods, but this was the last place I expected wheat! Feels like I have to go through every label with a fine-tooth comb to make sure I don't un-do all my good efforts...

• something4me
    replied
    Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    anything shampoo by Aveda, either - wheat there, too.
    Hi Crabbcakes,

Do you know if this includes their moisturizers?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• EatMoveSleep
    replied
    Originally posted by piggy View Post
    Haven't had much luck with reusable caps - actually with the "lid".
    Anyway, I should just toss the capsules and stick to making coffee some other way. However, I will miss the convenience the capsule machines provide . .

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Yes convenient but expensive if you work out the price per kg of coffee. Also quality is not as good.

I buy roasted beans and grind a small amount every week and use it in a coffee press - not so convenient but better and cheaper I think.

Leave a comment:

• SophieScreams
    replied
    Anyway, I should just toss the capsules and stick to making coffee some other way. However, I will miss the convenience the capsule machines provide . .

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Good to know about the lid thing. I've considered the k-cup machine before, but only if I could use my favorite coffee in it. Not a fan of the stale, burnt crap I've tried from those things.

Leave a comment:

• piggy
    replied
    Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
    Can you use your own coffee in your machine? Like in a reusable cup? I know that Keurig has a reusable cup option.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Leave a comment:

• SophieScreams
    replied
    Ι usually don't, but this was an espresso capsule for my Nespresso machine. I use them sparingly and only when there is no alternative, but I always forget how low quality these actually are . .

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Can you use your own coffee in your machine? Like in a reusable cup? I know that Keurig has a reusable cup option.

Leave a comment:

• piggy
    replied
    Originally posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    Don't trust pre-prepared/premixed convenience food or drinks :-)
    Ι usually don't, but this was an espresso capsule for my Nespresso machine. I use them sparingly and only when there is no alternative, but I always forget how low quality these actually are . .

Sent from my Nexus 4

Leave a comment:

• EatMoveSleep
    replied
    My gut (literally) tells me that there must be some gluten on those vanilla flavoured coffee capsules that I just used to make my morning espresso.
    Don't trust pre-prepared/premixed convenience food or drinks :-)

Leave a comment:

• piggy
    replied
    My gut (literally) tells me that there must be some gluten on those vanilla flavoured coffee capsules that I just used to make my morning espresso.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Leave a comment:

• Danni
    replied
    I actually found wild caught, soy-free tuna at Walmart. I was shocked.

Leave a comment:

• Aingealag
    replied
    I pretty much do all those things (breathe through my nose, gargle with salt water, neti pot etc) anyway, I'll just keep up the good work.

Thanks for the tips everyone... And for the physics lesson

Leave a comment:

• SophieScreams
    replied
    Originally posted by Aingealag View Post
    I've been trying very hard the past 6 weeks to stay away from glutinous grains -especially wheat- and then today I catch a glimpse of the ingredients label of my cough lozenges that I take for my chronic sore throat... and I see WHEAT on the ingredients list! What the #%$* is wheat doing in my cough lozenge?!?! Argh, makes me angry!

Sorry about the rant, I knew grains are in soooo many processed foods, but this was the last place I expected wheat! Feels like I have to go through every label with a fine-tooth comb to make sure I don't un-do all my good efforts...
    Back to the OP...
    Yes! Me mad too!!!

It's a pain in the ass the read every label, every time; but it is so, in this cruelly over-processed world.
    Warm salt water is a great sore throat remedy, fyi...

...unless they're GLUTENNING MY SALT NOW!

Leave a comment:

• phigment
    replied
    I was surprised to see soy in tuna also. There are a few put there withput soy. Traders Joe has several and the name brands have some though they cost about $1.70 per can. COS has a no drain for about a $1.50 and recently I have been collecting couponsfor $0.50.

Leave a comment:

• sbhikes
    replied
    Originally posted by Leida View Post
    Another day I spotted bison burgers in our grocery store. I was so excited to see something like this... but of course they make burgers with bread crumbs. So much for diversifying the meat choices, lol.
    My expensive health food grocery store started carrying ground bison, antelope, elk, wild boar, ostrich and kangaroo in the freezer. No bread crumbs. A lucky find. The ostrich and kangaroo are a little too pricey but the others were worth a try and very tasty. Perhaps you could find something similar.

Leave a comment:

• RichMahogany
    replied
    Originally posted by Allenete View Post
    Oh for sh*ts sake - this is turning into YouTube.
    What's YouTube?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X