Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasting morning to morning vs evening to evening; weird observation

I've come to realize that dinner (late evening) is the most important meal of the day for me.

I typically eat dinner at the same time every day. Usually falls around 6-8pm. I find that if I eat breakfast (~noon time), and I don't get to eat dinner by the time 8pm rolls around my mood goes down noticibly. Not necessarily tired, but I'm definitely not as productive if I'm at work.

When I fast through the morning (having just eaten dinner the previous day), I can easily wait until dinnertime the following day to eat.

Why does this happen? Why is it easier to fast from evening to evening rather than from morning to morning?

It's not that it's a bad thing... or has a negative impact on my life. But I'm just really curious why this happens. And if anyone else is in the same boat.

Is it because fasting is a stressor, and your body naturally has higher stress levels during the day than the evening/night?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Eating necessarily causes an instability in blood sugar and a gazillion hormones that are never going to all land at exactly the right level exactly every moment of the process. When you eat at night, you go through all that while you are asleep.
      “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
      Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

Originally posted by loafingcactus View Post
        Eating necessarily causes an instability in blood sugar and a gazillion hormones that are never going to all land at exactly the right level exactly every moment of the process. When you eat at night, you go through all that while you are asleep.
        This is actually a good explanation that I haven't thought of. Thank you! Makes sense.

Comment

You might like the book The Warrior Diet : Defense Nutrition | The Warrior Diet - Ori Hofmekler

He believes evening is the natural time to eat too. Works for me.

Comment

Thank you ! I'll check it out.

Comment

I find that my most important meal of the day is my late afternoon to evening fast breaker....usually around 4 to 6 when work and working out is done, then crush food to start my 6-8 hour window. I find that the evening is just the natural time to eat. Work is over, no longer daylight to have fun in, relaxation time

I think the Warrior Diet is a terrible name for a pretty good regimen. Almost impossible to bulk on it, but a great cutting tool.
              "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

I eat most of my calories at night and its harder to gain fat from at night . Obviously u gotta not be overrating & sticking with ur macros & not stuffing ur face.

There's various hormones & systems in body which shows its more Beneficial .

And yes the hunter would be out all day on the run and would return home & eat his biggest meal his prey with his family.

From London England UK

Comment

Working...
                X