No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would a carb re-feed help me?

Deleted
    Last edited by Stjimmy12; 08-31-2013, 08:26 PM.

Depending on your workout types (lifting, presumably), yeah, more carbs in general might be helpful. Personally, I'd try more carbs daily before messing with refeeds. I don't really understand how they work myself.
    Depression Lies

Comment

More carbs for sure. I agree with daily vs. a re-feed.

Comment

I do an incidental refeed once a week. Lift heavy, hike, do some gymnastic type movements through the week. I probably average 70g/carbs a day for 6/7 days then I hit a suchi buffet on the weekend. I don't do it on purpose and I don't really even count anything anymore, but I've never had any issue with stalls in strength, fatigue, or any other indications of anything but great performance. So thats how my body works. All you can do is try it and see.

Comment

I think you have to experiment and find the right answer. For me, there is a right level of daily carbs issue AND a refeed amount / frequency issue. As my activity level and my weight (I'm anywhere from obesity III to, um, not) these things change massively.
          “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
          Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

Originally posted by Stjimmy12
            Don't carbs make you hungrier though? I keep hearing people say lower the carbs increase the fats but I'm still always hungry!
            Eh, it really depends on your individual needs. For me, higher carb w/ squash & fruit helps keep me full, along with adequate protein and fat. Just give it a try! Worst thing that happens is it doesn't help. Then you try something else!
            Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
            X