Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major CW Fail

Our tireless brethen in the SAD community have once again knocked their collective heads together to concoct yet another misguided product in their quest for a healthier life.

Ladies and Gentlemen - I give you Satisfries
    "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

Originally posted by ilovesteak View Post
    Our tireless brethen in the SAD community have once again knocked their collective heads together to concoct yet another misguided product in their quest for a healthier life.

Ladies and Gentlemen - I give you Satisfries
    There's batter in french fries?

Burger King executives say people won't be able to tell that Satisfries are lower in calories. It says they use the same ingredients as its regular fries -- potatoes, oil and batter.
    Last edited by Dulcimina; 09-24-2013, 02:57 PM. Reason: added quote

Comment

Originally posted by Dulcimina View Post
      There's batter in french fries?
      Yup, a double starch to complement and balance the breaded chicken in a bun.
      37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Yummmmmmmm

:/
        | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

As long as it makes people "feel less guilty about gobbling up their french fries" then it's OK.
          Too sad for words. Now even fake fast food is more fake.

Comment

Yeah great. If you take out the fat, you're going to feel LESS full and less satisfied. Later on in the day, you'll get hungry and eat those 70 calories anyway, probably as more carbs.

The best diet food is grass-fed ground beef and butter.
            5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Yes, there's batter in lots of french fries. I used to work in a fast food place, an independent one, not a chain, and even though the fries looked like they were just cut potatoes, the ingredients told a different story. Not only that, but they came already fried and we just fried them again (and again and again).

I ate MOUNTAINS of them.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Hey, the article says that McD's doesn't batter their fries. Huh. Of course it's all still manky vegetable oil...
                Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Of course, the calories aren't the problem.

How SAD!
                  52 year old Male
                  Goal: 185lbs
                  April 10th: 220lbs

Comment

Less oil being absorbed isn't a bad thing. Am I the only one who thinks it is despicable that the "healthy" fries cost more?!
                    5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Comment

Originally posted by GrokON View Post
                      Am I the only one who thinks it is despicable that the "healthy" fries cost more?!
                      Decaf coffee cost more too :-( Much daftness
                      I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

Comment

So, what magical "chemical" additive have they added to the "batter" to make it absorb less "oil?"
                        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Glue!

M.

Comment

Working...
                          X