Pineapple not on shopping list!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manda63
    started a topic Pineapple not on shopping list!!!

Pineapple not on shopping list!!!

I just ate some pineapple, now I am worried as its not on the shopping list. I found things written about it here but old stuff, is it not good or just to soon to have some. I don't want a sugar rush

100g = 12.6g carbs and only 1.4g fiber. I had 150g, I am going hiking now for a few hours.

• Manda63
    replied
    I am happy I had my pineapple and not worried I had some, it's nice to know I can have some another time. I will stick to my frozen raspberries for now and other berries.

Nice to meet you all and I am sorry I don't get the joke, sad thing is I still don't. I am never good at getting a joke, is this what you call dry humour??? My parents are Irish but I was brought up in London, I left there 27 years ago and now I am a lost soul in italy.........

Leave a comment:

• oxide
    replied
    Primal blueprint allows for ~100-150 grams carbs/day. So enjoy your pineapple and cut back on carbs somewhere else. But maybe not every day. Fruit sugar is so easily digested and gives you a sugar rush. It's better to eat the carbs as vegetables. The added fiber slows down the sugar absorption.

Leave a comment:

• horsepal
    replied
    The enzymes in pineapple are said to break down proteins and reportedly "increase the chances of a balanced metabolism that reduces the chances of adding fat." Same article (from Livestrong) says it is believed to naturally get rid of intestinal worms. So, there's something positive to consider while enjoying the delicious juicy pineapple. :-)

Leave a comment:

• sbhikes
    replied
    The tubes, the tubes! They're getting clogged with so much tomfoolery on the interwebz.

Leave a comment:

• ChocoTaco369
    replied
    Eating fruit based on carbs seems to defeat the purpose of eating fruit. You know, since the awesomeness of fruit is usually inversely proportional to its carb content.

Leave a comment:

• loves walking
    replied
    [url]https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.marksdailyapple.com/best-and-worst-[/url

The Best Low-Carb Fruits (and the Worst) | Mark's Daily Apple

Leave a comment:

• Myrtille
    replied
    Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Note to self: always assume it is these peoples' first day on the internet, that they can't handle a bit of good-natured smart-assery, and that they have 0 sense of humor whatsoever...
    Humour on the internet can be sensitive.
    Smileys help. Or adding a welcoming or helpfull sentence after your "good nature smart assery" to balance.

But hope you don't stop, I like your sense of humour !

Leave a comment:

• Manda63
    replied
    Same name in Italy ananas (Ananas comosus Latin)

Leave a comment:

• jodi29
    replied
    No use answering her. She's probably self-destructed by now because of the pineapple.
    Hahaha I literally LOL'd at this! Thanks Rich

To OP: pineapple is fantastic! I definitely recommend it. I eat some every day. If you're going for low carb though, may not be a good idea. I think Mark didn't include it on the list because it's not low carb which he is an advocate of, but it doesn't mean that pineapple is a 'bad' food by any means!

Leave a comment:

• quikky
    replied
    Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    I love pineapple. I'd rub it all over my face if it didn't burn my eyes so badly.
    It's a good kind of pain.

Leave a comment:

• ChocoTaco369
    replied
    And what's the deal with Ovaltine?
    The phrase "down the tubes" is often heard these days.

What tubes? Have you seen any tubes? Where are these tubes? And where do they go? And how come there's more than one tube?

Leave a comment:

• RichMahogany
    replied
    Originally posted by Kegas76 View Post
    "Grape Nuts - You Open It Up, No Grapes, No Nuts! What's the Deal?"
    And what's the deal with Ovaltine?

Leave a comment:

• toscamulder
    replied
    Or woodapple. ever tried it? tastes like vomit. I like the woods, I like apples. Why call something that disgusting 'woodapple'?
    Maybe they just gave me a rotten one. It was Sri Lanka, what do you expect, heh (no offense).

Leave a comment:

• Kegas76
    replied
    Originally posted by toscamulder View Post
    Neither pine nor apples.
    "Grape Nuts - You Open It Up, No Grapes, No Nuts! What's the Deal?"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X